Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Slip for 2Rude

  1. #1
    R88ory RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    2,737
    +1
    46

    Slip for 2Rude

    OK i know im aiming for 16 foot lb, but what rolling slip should i have Im kicking my self now as i went to my dealer so i could use his tools to do the clutch on my 2Rude. I only checked the rolling and not breaking point.

    Brand new riva washers and brand new McMaster carrs the most rolling slip I saw was like 12lb but I never checked the breaking point WOOPS!!! It was checked with his snapon digital torque wrench so I trust that 100%

    I did notice a big change in the rolling slip by changing the order of the spring washers went from 10lb to 12lb so that was interesting. Also the washers and gear were well coated up with grease so that prob dropped slip some.

    Any1 know if Nills modifys the gear in the rude chargers??? Only my dealer thought that the grooves in the gear looked larger than normal??

    What is the max torque you can tigheten the rear nut to?? And does that effect the slip.

    Thanks R88


  2. #2
    Fast & Loud meeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Grove, PA
    Posts
    5,019
    +1
    54
    22ft lbs and no the spacer behind the nut always bottoms out, i had to use two mcmaster washers, 3 OE washers to get my slip to 16lbs. 5 mcmaster washers and there was no slip at all

  3. #3
    R88ory RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    2,737
    +1
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    22ft lbs and no the spacer behind the nut always bottoms out, i had to use two mcmaster washers, 3 OE washers to get my slip to 16lbs. 5 mcmaster washers and there was no slip at all
    What you mean no spacer???

    Yeh it had rolling slip of 12lb but I didnt check how much it took to break, when I say rolling I mean thats how much the wrench was reading whilst making the clutch slip. Stupid thing is the snap on tells you max torque as well so it would have told me both things had I checked it.

    I had the 5 McMasters in and the spacer it did feel like the nut bottoms out as it just nips up and dont mana move no more. R88

  4. #4
    R88ory RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    2,737
    +1
    46
    Meeper jusr re-read your post and it makes sense now. R88

  5. #5
    R88ory RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    2,737
    +1
    46
    what order do you have your spring washers??

    I had mine Clutch )()() Nut

    I will be checking all this before I run this charger again. R88

  6. #6
    Fast & Loud meeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Grove, PA
    Posts
    5,019
    +1
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    what order do you have your spring washers??

    I had mine Clutch )()() Nut

    I will be checking all this before I run this charger again. R88
    yes that is the only way they can be stacked...

  7. #7
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,929
    +1
    1,407
    Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    yes that is the only way they can be stacked...

    Not true. Only the first has to face the gear. ) so it does not bottom out on the splines.

  8. #8
    Fast & Loud meeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Grove, PA
    Posts
    5,019
    +1
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Not true. Only the first has to face the gear. ) so it does not bottom out on the splines.
    goood to know

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    OK i know im aiming for 16 foot lb, but what rolling slip should i have Im kicking my self now as i went to my dealer so i could use his tools to do the clutch on my 2Rude. I only checked the rolling and not breaking point.

    Brand new riva washers and brand new McMaster carrs the most rolling slip I saw was like 12lb but I never checked the breaking point WOOPS!!! It was checked with his snapon digital torque wrench so I trust that 100%

    I did notice a big change in the rolling slip by changing the order of the spring washers went from 10lb to 12lb so that was interesting. Also the washers and gear were well coated up with grease so that prob dropped slip some.

    Any1 know if Nills modifys the gear in the rude chargers??? Only my dealer thought that the grooves in the gear looked larger than normal??

    What is the max torque you can tigheten the rear nut to?? And does that effect the slip.

    Thanks R88
    hi my friend
    I made this tool to help me tune the SC and saves me time to the dealer
    the look isnīt so nice but make the job very easy.
    Hugo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19062010019.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	194542   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19062010015.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	194543  

  10. #10
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    goood to know
    Youll get a tighter slip by putting the washers like this...)()))

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. x charger slip for 8650 rpm
    By stickshift69 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-13-2013, 10:12 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-16-2012, 08:55 AM
  3. 'Best' slip for a stock SC?
    By Vern in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 04:46 PM
  4. looking for 2rude in ny or nj
    By zenn in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 09:56 PM
  5. Getting 14lbs of slip on 2Rude charger
    By Gus13letter in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-22-2009, 09:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •