Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need some help on 05 RXP (loss of RPM's)

All,
    I have a 2005 stock RXP with 127 hours. I was riding today and suddenly my RPM's dropped to 6500. I change the oil every year and had the Supercharger rebuilt by Jerry with 95 hours on the ski. I checked the oil filter and noticed small metal shavings in the filter housing. I pulled the supercharge, and it definitely is shot. I can spin it by hand very easily, and it rubs the housing.
    My question is, What should I do now? Do I just replace the supercharger? Do I need to tear into the engine? Can something else be wrong (out of alignment, something else shot, etc.). Do I need to check anything on the impeller? Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated. My email is [email protected]. Thanks!

try this thread for a possible diagnosis.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97902

See pics, help!

Please see attached pics. I noticed that my gear for my supercharger is GONE. How do I fish this out, jet ski still runs but have to find this thing, Do I have to pull engine? I'm trying to do this by myself, so can someone guide me in the right direction (hopefully without pulling engine). One of the plastic cages on one of the bearings was cracked, so I'm hoping this was the cause. The sleeve looking thing that was on the shaft was also split in 2. I recently had to replace my steering cable and change wear rings, could I have maybe installed the pump back wrong? Any advice is greatly greatly appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supercharger 0.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	194608   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supercharger 1.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	194609   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supercharger 2.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	194610   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supercharger 3.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	194611  

Pretty much treat it as if you lost a washer. You going to have to remove then engine, remove both engine side covers and split the case.
    There's really no way to fish anythng out of the case with all the nooks and crannies in the bottow case.
    You need to inspect your oil pumps in each end cover and clean everything out of the bottom case. There might be some damage to the timing chain that would cost you a couple grand down the road.

Thanks for the replies! How long of a job am I looking at. I have never did this and refuse to bring it to a stealership. I'm pretty good about fixing stuff but not a mechanic by any means. Any advice or suggestions?

+1
    First thing to do is get the manuals for your exact ski (there is a 'general' manual and an engine specific manual - get em both). Next do a lot of searches on here ... there is a lot of good tips on what to do while removing engine, but you absolutely need the manuals to reassemble correctly.

Taking the engine out and disassembling it isn't that bad at all. Like stated above get the manual, about $10 on ebay. You should be able to remove and dissassemble the engine without the manual but you'll need it to put it back together. Look in the faq about the tricks to taking the engine out and do some more researching. Post back up if you have any problems or questions.
    Hope that helps

+1
    Toss the charger, and buy a new X charger, and some 42's when u get it all cleaned out, that would be the best solution for the charger. Cheaper then replacing all that would be needed to fix that one up.

Thanks for the help everyone! I'll be starting early Friday morning. Any special tools I need to buy before I start? Also, if I did go the route with the X-charger and 42 lbs injectors, do I need to do anything else. Would this cause more maintenance down the road? Will I see any speed increase and How much? Everything else is completely stock. Thanks!

ENGINE OUT , a COUPLE OF QUESTIONS?

All,
    Please see attached pictures. I may have survived this throwing of the supercharger gear. I took the engine out (not too bad), and removed the metal chunks in the scavenger pump screen, pump, pto housing, pto housing oil pump. There is one tooth on the double bull gear that was half missing ($250 tooth-shit!), so I am replacing this also. Some questions that I have:
    1. Looking at the starter gear, I noticed there is a chamfer on the teeth of the gear. Is this normal and not the result of metal being caught between the 2 gears?
    2. Is the chamfer on the bull gear where the starter engages normal, or was this caused when I lost the supercharge gear in the engine.
    3. I think I got all of the metal out, but what should I do as far as flushing to making sure. Should I take anything else off? Took off scavenger pump and PTO housing and bull gear and starter gear. Timing chain and gear seem to be in tact.
    4. How do I take the plastic impeller for the water pump off and remove the oil pump (PTO side) shaft and gears?
    5. Should I check spark plugs for dust. I know I need to clean throttle body and intercooler.
    6. As far as supercharger, I am bone stock on my ski and want to know what route to go for this. Can I go X-charger or would something else need to be changed? Do the superchargers that are ordered through Jerry's store come with the right metal washers and ready to go, or do I need to send the charger to him.
    7. Should I upgrade the flywheel bolts?
    8. What gaskets and orings do I need to order when I put everything back together.
    9. Is there anything else I should do check while I have engine out and partially apart?
    Sorry for the many questions, just want to get this right the first time and not have to dig in here if at all for a very very long time. Thanks everyone!

X-charger
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HULK.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	195087   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HULKgear.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	195088   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HULK1.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	195089   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HULK2.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	195090   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP ENGINE REMOVAL 094.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	195091  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information