Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yamaha Replace My Ski!

I was out on the water a week ago running WOT for about an hour and bam the RPM's start to drop and i'm taking on water like crazy. I'm not mechanically inclined so I took it to Nielsen's in Lake Villa, IL (the largest recreation dealer in the midwest) and they said they have never seen anything like this before. They have completely removed every single part inside the ski. The motor, tanks, etc are all out sitting in the parts shelf. They are taking pictures and sending them to YAMAHA to understand what happened. Bottom line is does YAMAHA replace skis because I have a 10" by a 1/2" crack in the hull and Nielsen's has racked up a huge bill taking everything out. Thank god for warranty but they are saying it will be in for at least a month and that more in likely they will reseal it and it "will be better than it was before." Does anyone have an experience with the lemon law if you will and getting a new ski? I think this is absolutely rediculous, and YAMAHA says they have never seen this before. I don't trust a resealed hull and do I have a claim? As soon as I here more, I will post, but thats the word right now and im pissed!!!

Thanks

WOW

I was out on the water a week ago running WOT for about an hour well i guess it wasnt a 2-stroke what ski was it ....

Sorry about that. It's a 2009 Yamaha FZR

+1
    these fzr hulls arent the strongest, @ 255 pnds im afraid to step on the rear deck of my fzr it flexes like your foot is gonna go thru the hull...

Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    these fzr hulls arent the strongest, @ 255 pnds im afraid to step on the rear deck of my fzr it flexes like your foot is gonna go thru the hull...
    I noticed this the other day. I was kneeling on the back of it and noticed it flexing. Seems more like Plastic than Fiberglass.

+1
    But they are NOT fiberglass!

I don't know what the lemon laws are in your area, but here in south carolina and georgia for that matter,the lemon laws cover pretty much everything with wheels but do not apply to boats, jetskis or basically anything for the water. I guess the nanocell isn't as tough as originally thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    But they are NOT fiberglass!
    It is kind of like it. They are using a woven material instead of the standard mat. I knocked a hole in my top deck a few months ago and it was like a hole in a wicker basket.

Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    I won't argue that, but back when I weighed 350 I was on that back deck, hood, etc... LOL.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information