2004 rxp not hooking up

The jetski run great. But when I hammer it from an idle it doesnt want to get up and go, its trying but while its trying its revving out. If Im moving even at 5-10 mph then hammer it she pulls away so hard it wants to pull my sholders apart. Im thinking its something with the impeller but im not positive

+1
    check your wear ring

what is the best way to check it? and how likely/often to they wear down?

Yeah check the wear ring make sure its still in one piece and doesnt have lots of movement, best way is to remove pump assembly. Also does the pump make an excessive knocking noise? if so ur rear bearing in the cone could be on the way out and the shaft has too much travel. Check this while pump is out. remember u'll need more bearing oil to put back and quite expensive, but worth doing.

I had the same prob with my RX and it would loose power now and again, then finally u'll end up with no drive, the imp moves but the craft wont. on inspection the seal had gone on the cone, oil leaked out, bearings exploded destroying the inside of the housing.

its worth a check

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    could also be the carbon ring seal. how many hours on the machine?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetmanjay View Post
    Yeah check the wear ring make sure its still in one piece and doesnt have lots of movement, best way is to remove pump assembly. Also does the pump make an excessive knocking noise? if so ur rear bearing in the cone could be on the way out and the shaft has too much travel. Check this while pump is out. remember u'll need more bearing oil to put back and quite expensive, but worth doing.

I had the same prob with my RX and it would loose power now and again, then finally u'll end up with no drive, the imp moves but the craft wont. on inspection the seal had gone on the cone, oil leaked out, bearings exploded destroying the inside of the housing.

its worth a check
    The 4tecs use grease in the pump bearings instead of oil although a few members on here have converted.

It sounds like you hace bad cavvitation this is most commonly caused by damaged impellar or worn out wear ring.

You can look from the back of the pump and see how much light is comming between the blades and white plastic wear ring, but the best way to check is remove the pump to have a good look. Thre should be no more than 1mm or 1/32"

Then as said above if you have allot of hours on your ski the carbon seal could be worn. 100+ hours and I would consider over hauling the accordian boot and carbon seal assembly on the drive shaft.

R88

+1
    Also check to make sure your engine mounts aren't broken

I took it for a quick ride this morning there isnt any knocking, there is minor light getting threw the outside of the impeller. the machine has 122 hours on it...., the carborn seal and boot probably needs to be replaced, would it be easier and what do I need to do the whole job right? While im tearing all that apart I think im going to put a impeller in it but im not to sure which one I should go with

the motor mounts are solid also

Thread Information