quick story, yamaha suv...

we were out riding on the river early this morning and spotted a Yamaha suv. The guy was cruising along and enjoying the ride. after we exchanged hello`s we continued to the rest area (beach). shortly after here comes the guy, he come`s over to us and we start to talk about the ski`s... He was a retired gent, Floppy hat and sunglasses, he told us about his ride and where he came from and we were surprised to see a 5 galloon can of fuel in the front storage bucket!. we BS`d for about 1/2 hour and went on our way...
    It was great to see this person enjoy riding and proudly speaking of his ski and entertaining us with his adventure...

This is what it`s all about!

Try not to smile on a Jetski... GPRFrank's Avatar
    +1

Nice!

+1 to that. What was the longest trip he has traveled? If he did say...

Quote Originally Posted by GPRFrank View Post
    +1 to that. What was the longest trip he has traveled? If he did say...
    he did not say, but knowing where he launched from and where we were was quite a hike...lol...
    tuckerton creek> tuckerton bay> beach haven inlet> great bay> Mullica river> sweetwater (crowley`s)

+1
    Andy I have one of those skis and they have an 18 gallon fuel tank, I have drained it in an hour and a half those old 65U motors drink the fuel

Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    Andy I have one of those skis and they have an 18 gallon fuel tank, I have drained it in an hour and a half those old 65U motors drink the fuel
    cool! I do like those
    It was just good to see an older guy enjoying himself and having a relaxing ride out on the water and stopping by to chat with us...
    he said we had fast ski`s...

+1
    That guy was great! He was out doing what this sport is all about. He could have cared less who's was faster or who's was purdier. It cracked me up to watch his hat flap in the wind as we strolled by.

The best was he told us he had a 5 gallon gas can in the front storage compartment. He opened the hood to show us and said: "my cork on my can is missing". as he dug into the bottom of the bucket he pulled out a wine cork from the bottom and proceeded to push it back into the nozzle of the can.... Never expected to see a REAL wine cork....but when he said cork he meant cork!
    Now, we all know a wine cork isn't the best of ideas for a fuel can and carrying it inside the bucket isn't much better, but NOBODY was going to tell that old timer he was wrong...

We've got all kinds of people down here in the pines don't we Andy?..

+1
    Oside,

Maybe it is thirsty because of the modifications you have done, the supplies you carry to help stranded PWC's, and sometimes the extra water in the hull?

It is a great ski for your family and friends to wakeboard with and cruise around on.

Someday the engine transplant may happen which will help quench it's thirst....in your spare time of course!

Scott

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyGPR View Post
    It was just good to see an older guy enjoying himself ...
    It was like you were looking in the mirror huh Andy? Thanks for the phone call and the invite Buddy!!! hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Oneboss302 View Post
    It was like you were looking in the mirror huh Andy? Thanks for the phone call and the invite Buddy!!! hahahaha
    sorry Pat, I don`t make a habit of carrying a tow strap...

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyGPR View Post
    sorry Pat, I don`t make a habit of carrying a tow strap...

LOL, put 70 miles (5 hrs) on it Saturday. Ran like a top and used less than 2 tanks of fuel. Feels good to not have to worry about anything!

Thread Information