Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1

help me decide i'm clueless

im looking for a cam to mount on my ski to video gps and my dash and maybe sound. whats cheap and good.

+1

+1
    While I do NOT own that one, it WILL be the next one I purchase.

+1

+1
    the first one looks pretty bad ass. it would be nice to have it. thanks for helping me bud..

+1
    My Go-Pro HD has tons of artifacts in the pictures, especially if it gets the sun near the lens. I think the wide angle lens is to blame.

Maybe it's possible to build a shade around the mount so that it can't get hit directly so easily by the sun. This might cure a ton of the artifacts. Of course it becomes a lot less friendly, but if you are mounting it on a ski, it shouldn't matter. It wouldn't be hard to do... maybe even use an old lens shield from a defunct lens.

I never know what buttons to push, and usually end up in some nefarious menu. I've started carrying instructions just to stay out of the menus.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    My Go-Pro HD has tons of artifacts in the pictures, especially if it gets the sun near the lens. I think the wide angle lens is to blame.

Maybe it's possible to build a shade around the mount so that it can't get hit directly so easily by the sun. This might cure a ton of the artifacts. Of course it becomes a lot less friendly, but if you are mounting it on a ski, it shouldn't matter. It wouldn't be hard to do... maybe even use an old lens shield from a defunct lens.

I never know what buttons to push, and usually end up in some nefarious menu. I've started carrying instructions just to stay out of the menus.
    what do you mean by artifacts

+1
    "ghost" of light, usually 3-5 of them if the sun is NOT on the lens, but above or behind.

If the sun is in front, it looks like a purple line from the top of the picture to the bottom. I've seen it on a few now.

The sound is pretty crackly on the gopro too.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post

What have you seen go wrong on yours Mark So far I have had deposit growth on the lens on two of my cameras. They have been inside the house in the A/C most of the time! Have only 45 minuets of video recorded since December when I got my first Go Pro Camera. one spot on my first camera lens. This is under warranty. Camera 2 USB didn't work. under warranty. Camera 3 spot started to appear on the lens. Camera [email protected] 3 getting shipped back in the pre paid box back to GO Pro. The video it produces is top quality when it worksLee

+1
    nothing wrong, as far as I can tell.

I'm going to try and film next time without the waterproof case by mounting it away from the ski and see what happens.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information