Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SC Advice Needed

Hey Guys
    I have a 05 RXP with 160 hours on it and i am the original owner. To Make a long story short the first time out this year back in aprill the ski ran great then all of a sudden it wouldent go over 55. That same trip i ran aground causing extensive underbody damage. I took it to a guy i had used before todo work and while he had it i figured i would let him do the washers on the superchager. I just got the ski back and it still is running around 55 i did the check inside the SC and the fins spin freely. What he claims he did was the upgrade kit from Seadoo with metal washers. Asuming he did the work and the kit was around 300 would this have fixed the problem or is there alot more wrong with my RXP Let me know what you guys think. Thanks Inadvance. Matt King

+1
    I'm no wrencher, but I don't think your SC is supposed to spin freely. You might want to also pull the rubber hose off of it and check for metallic dust...

I pulled the tube off the SC and the gear in there turned freely

+1
    Well, I think you can turn it, but with effort... Check your oil on the dipstick - any metallic flakes?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepwj47 View Post
    ..... What he claims he did was the upgrade kit from Seadoo with metal washers. Asuming he did the work and the kit was around 300 would this have fixed the problem or is there alot more wrong with my RXP Let me know what you guys think. Thanks Inadvance. Matt King
    Your mechanic....ain't one.

Your sc wheel shouldn't spin freely...ever. The blades should move maybe a 1/16"....that's about it. Did your "mechanic" find all your ceramic washer parts...did he even look?

I'm willing to bet you cost yourself more money than you thought you were gonna save.

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    I bet he didnt even checked the slip after the charger rebuild, he might have installed the kit but did not adjust the slip

So it may just need to be Adjusted ?

Uhm....no.

Did you miss the part where I asked if he even looked for what was left of your old sc in your motor?

If he rebuilt your sc...and didn't set the slip....I wouldn't have too much faith in the quality of the rest of the rebuild either.

sorry....just my honest opinion.

When i picked up the ski last week he showed me the old washers they were bent but in one piece and he showed me a few small gears that werte in one piece but a bit worn. Is there a chance that nothing has made it into the engine. Also how do you adjust the slip?

I hate to say it, but that dude is feeding you BS. Ceramic washers don't bend, they shatter and break, and when they break they take out about $2000 in parts inside your motor that I am sure he didn't replace. If you want your SC done right, you should send it Jerry, but that right now is the least of your concern. You'll have to pull the motor and get out all the pieces of the washers that failed. There is a wealth of knowledge on here and many people willing to help you through the process. Best of luck

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information