2006 RXP ceramic washer failure

Newbie here, I have a 2006 rxp that had a ceramic washer failure, big surprise! Anyway I removed the front oil pump to find it full of ceramic debris, but there is no oil pump screen present, only the small filter inside the pump. I wanted to know if the 06 rxp comes without the oil pump screen from factory or was my unit sold to me without it. I bought it brand new from dealer, but just decided to fix this myself after having the ski sitting for more than a year

welcome to the board.

Sorry to hear about your ski.....a more knowledgable member will be along to get you squared away.

+1
    Welcome to GH. Yeah it's a common problem and a serious one unfortunately too. I think their should have been a screen there, but not positive. You mentioned you're a newbie, please be advised, getting this fixed properly is critical, and there are dealer techs out there who don't know how to do it right. You might want to read these (if you haven't already) and you came to the right place for advice, these boyz will give you the truth and head you in the right direction.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...071#post243071

+1
    Both pump should have screens. The problem is when ceramics grenade the dust gets into the oil system and scores the pumps and the bearings. The proper fix you to disassemble and inspect the entire engine.

Item#7 is the front screen Item#7 is the rear screen.

Thanks for welcoming me aboard. It's good to know that I am amongst people who actually have an idea of what they're doing. I fully disassembled and inspected my front oil pump which seems to be in good shape despite having some ceramic debris. My supercharger is being rebuilt with riva washers as well. Now I guess my question would be is it necessary for me to pull the motor to clean it out. Also what exactly do I have to clean out or which systems could be in harm. I'm pretty sure my motor ate up some ceramic debris and want to make sure my motor is in the best condition possible before putting her back together and back on the water. Thank you guys so much for all your help

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris83 View Post
    My supercharger is being rebuilt with riva washers as well. Now I guess my question would be is it necessary for me to pull the motor to clean it out. Also what exactly do I have to clean out or which systems could be in harm. I'm pretty sure my motor ate up some ceramic debris and want to make sure my motor is in the best condition possible before putting her back together and back on the water. Thank you guys so much for all your help
    Yep, read the links I gave you; the motor needs to be removed to find all the pieces and properly clean out the oil passages and screens.

If your motor is not properly repaired or cleaned out, you will slowly starve the motorís internals of oil and risk throwing a rod through the side of your engine which is a disastrous repair bill.
    No shortcuts here, like I said it has to be done right.

Thread Information