1300 Mod-- Tow hook?

Has anyone modded a GP1300 so that you can tow behind it?

if your looking to tow a person for tubing or skiing its illegal. you need a 3 person ski hence why the 1300 has no hook.

+1
    I put a tow hook on the back of my old gpr to pull the kids around on tubes/skis at a local cove we hang out at once in awhile. I used a tow hook off of a 2004 seadoo GTX that I got from a good friend, measured and drilled the holes and mouted it up. I put it in the back under the grab handle. The most important part is to make sure you use some type of plate on the inside of the hull so you can't pull the hook out. And yes, in most places it's not legal to tow with a 2-seater ski with no mirrors..

+1
    Drew is right about how to do it and the fact that it's not legal. I don't think it's because the GPR is a 2 seater, it's because it has no mirrors.... like you can watch a skier with the mirrors on a XLT anyway.

If you want to mount one, you can either get one from a XLT or other 3 seat yammi, or order an aftermarket one... I think Overtons sells 2 sizes. I'd have a good size plate of some sort behind it, since the ski isn't stressed for mounting one there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Drew is right about how to do it and the fact that it's not legal. I don't think it's because the GPR is a 2 seater, it's because it has no mirrors.... like you can watch a skier with the mirrors on a XLT anyway.

If you want to mount one, you can either get one from a XLT or other 3 seat yammi, or order an aftermarket one... I think Overtons sells 2 sizes. I'd have a good size plate of some sort behind it, since the ski isn't stressed for mounting one there.
    in jersey you have to have a driver, a spotter and then a place for the tuber to sit.

Thread Information