Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BIG problem after riding today HELP !

Went out for a ride today in sunny south beach. rode around for a couple hours everything was great. On the way in I was about 60-70% on the throttle and all of a sudden the ski slows down drastically and doesn't let me accelerate. the check engine light came on. When I attempted to accelerate past that it would sound like it's misfiring or skipping. I was able to make it in. At the dock I pulled out some seaweed but nothing major.
    When I got home I flushed the ski out but the check engine light didn't come back on. I was able to give it a couple revs to about 6 grand and everything seemed fine. Anyone have any idea as to what might be wrong ????
    I got an 05 rxt

Ever had the oem sc washers replaced?

Banned User
    +1
    doesnt have to be major seaweed to prevent enough water from flowing through the exhaust. maybe it was just overheating the exhaust a bit and thats the alarm you got

I've never changed the washers but it doesn't seem like they are the problem...atleast compared to the other stories i've read.
    The overheating could be possible, the only thing is that on my inlaws ski when he was overheating the lcd said TEMP....I don't know if mine is different because it's an 05

One quick...inexpensive way to find out that your oem washers are still intact.

With the motor off, pull that rubber boot from your sc's intake and try to spin the blades.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMonster View Post
    I've never changed the washers but it doesn't seem like they are the problem...atleast compared to the other stories i've read.
    Dude, listen up. I would very cautious about starting that ski up again. Actually a big drop in RPM's is a classic sign of possible supercharger trouble, and the truth is; with those ceramics in there you are sitting on a time bomb; read this and get some metal washers and have someone check out your SC and engine before riding again:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Dude, listen up. I would very cautious about starting that ski up again. Actually a big drop in RPM's is a classic sign of possible supercharger trouble, and the truth is; with those ceramics in there you are sitting on a time bomb; read this and get some metal washers and have someone check out your SC and engine before riding again:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887
    +1 i didnt thnk u still had the time bombs in there....

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    read this thread. ppl with 5 to 80 hours on the engine had supercharger failure due to the ceramic washers, dont take a chance,
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40298

damn...ok so then the first step to check to see if the time bomb blew up is to take my intake hose off and see if the super charger wheel spins freely correct.
    Now if it doesn't spin freely can the washers still be blown to sh*t. ???

if they are ceramic i would replace them regardless.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information