Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

rxp has no power from battery need help

Was out on my 04 rxp ran great pulled the key off the dess port and then went to start it again and nothing, the fuel pump doesn't kick in, the gauge doesn't light up either. The battery was new this year and haven't had any issues yet. Any ideas what's up? Also checked all the fuses and connections and couldnt see anything unusual

Check the Rectifier

I Would Try do a Jump Start with a car or another 12V Battery if it's start or turn on you are having a rectifier problem..You Jetski is not charging the battery at all, even if you put new battery...Try it if starts You just have to change the Rectifier or maybe the stator...

Good lucky

I don't understand how jumping it would get it to click on, I mean ill try it regardless but it ran fine all day only untill I pulled the key out

Never use a jumpstarter to start the ski. You can damage til electrical system that way.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mloureirojr View Post
    I Would Try do a Jump Start with a car or another 12V Battery

Good lucky

yeah, you'll need lots good luck if you jumpstart a ski with a car. Turns a small problem into a really really big one.

I'd suspect the "new" battery. if it's faulted, jumping it could make it pop like a balloon, and battery acid doesn't do much for your hull or your eyes if you are in the area.

Get a voltmeter and do things the right way. Disconnect the battery, check the voltage..if 12.5 or better connect it and check for voltage at the starter solenoid connection. Then check at the fuseblock for a blown 5a fuse

Sound to me like your DESS post cable may have come loose, or the magnetic switch in the post has faulted. My money is on a open fuse however. Check the fuses with the meter or stick in a new spare. Sometimes a fuse will be open and not be visually apparent

Not sure which wires they are, they are thicker red ones, one comes directly of the batery and tje otjer one runs down to the back. They connect on the far left side olby all the fuses are they suppose to be loose at all? And if not what socket fits in there

+1
    Check the 2 fuses on the side of the mpem in the harness beside the starter solenoid. Check for unusual burn marks even if the fuse appears good.

Do not under any circumstances try to Jump start it. I learned this lesson the hard way a few years ago on a ski. after an MPEM and a few other things I was finally able to get it started again.
    If the batter is dead only option is charge it, if it wont take a charge replace it.

Checked everything charged battery full and then the fuel pump kicked in, got it to just click checked connections n tried again and the same. Thinking its the starter solonoid

Angry Same problem for me!

I've got an 04 RXP and just had the same problem when I took my ski down to FL. ran fine for a couple hours, pulled the key to do some swimming, and when I got back on, NADA. all the panel says is "Sea-doo" for a few seconds, then is gone. no beeps, clicking, nothing. New battery, replaced the DESS post two months ago, full tune up last month, oil changed, all fuses good....any thoughts? I'm at a loss and hate bringing the ski to the shop to let them charge me $100 just to look at it and diagnose it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information