+1

Arizona job hunt

What jobs are in demand in Arizona? for you desert people. Preferably by a lake the doo likes getting wet now and then. Considering moving to Arizona but need a career path with availability to pursue. Thanks

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

+1
    Border enforcement ???

Not being a smart-ass,I think they're hiring.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaseball3 View Post
    What jobs are in demand in Arizona? for you desert people. Preferably by a lake the doo likes getting wet now and then. Considering moving to Arizona but need a career path with availability to pursue. Thanks

There are jobs in Health Care, the service industries(McDonalds), Real Estate, Repossession Services, and Foreclosure services.

If you really want to get rich quick, and, have a Law Degree, and have passed the Arizona State Bar, you can make a killing filing foreclosure documents.

Other than that, here is the realty. For every 1 "good" job here in Arizona, there are over 100 "over qualified" applicants, and about 800 more, "qualified" applicants.

Yea, it's that bad.
    Their are "jobs"......but I'm assuming you want a career of some sort, so you need to tell us more about what you are qualified to do....??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by casey67 View Post
    Border enforcement ???
    Definitely! And maybe translator?
    The stupid boycotts have impacted some businesses there negatively, but I did find some good news about Arizona this week:
    http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=37558

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Definitely! And maybe translator?
    The stupid boycotts have impacted some businesses there negatively, but I did find some good news about Arizona this week:
    http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=37558
    Arizonian's have a long memory, and will remember those communities, organizations, and states that boycotted us.
    I got one message for them

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    Arizonian's have a long memory, and will remember those communities, organizations, and states that boycotted us.
    I got one message for them
    I agree...
    by the way, your Governor is a national hero.
    make sure you re-elect her in November, that race looks closer than I would expect.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    I agree...
    by the way, your Governor is a national hero.
    make sure you re-elect her in November, that race looks closer than I would expect.
    No, she's not. She's a moron. I'm not for the law. I'm for securing the border, and for the Federal Government doing their job.

We needed another state law($$$) like we need another hole in our border. This law will not do much of anything to curb the flow of illegal immigrants into our state. This was nothing more than a publicity stunt to allow her to get votes. Remember, Jan Brewer was not elected by the citizens of Arizona. She was appointed when our other equally useless former governor janet napolitano, was appointed to the position of Homeland security director(now that there is just plain funny).

Our blessed Governor is so great, that she couldn't cut spending, like she promised, and instead asked the voters to approve a "temporary" 1% sales tax increase, for 3-years(wanna guess which county did not pass the tax increase? Mohave County-Lake Havasu). When was the last time you saw a temporary sales tax ended??? I'll help ya out with that one; it's never happened in modern history.

Basically, I'm for smaller/less government. We don't need more laws. We need our government to enforce the laws that are on the books now.

But I think we're getting just a teensy bit off topic here, and I believe I've already written a few pages on my views, so, back to the original poster;

still waiting to here from you on what your qualifications are.
    There are basically zero jobs in Lake Havasu, Mohave County that don't involve flipping burgers or the elderly. It's either health care, or service industry, and those are on opposite ends of the pay scale.

Basically, Lake Havasu is where you come to have a good time, watch the World Finals, or retire. It's not a good place to find a job, or work.

+1
    I'm not for the law. I'm for securing the border, and for the Federal Government doing their job.
    LOL, yeah like that's gonna happen... don't hold your breath.
    I'll take state laws/enforcement over nothing, besides, AP reports the law is working.
    Agree with you on smaller/less government, but sooner or later somebody has to put a finger in the crack and shut off the flow. For that I salute Arizona.

+1
    No, she's not. She's a moron. I'm not for the law. I'm for securing the border, and for the Federal Government doing their job.

We needed another state law($$$) like we need another hole in our border. This law will not do much of anything to curb the flow of illegal immigrants into our state. This was nothing more than a publicity stunt to allow her to get votes. Remember, Jan Brewer was not elected by the citizens of Arizona. She was appointed when our other equally useless former governor janet napolitano, was appointed to the position of Homeland security director(now that there is just plain funny).

Our blessed Governor is so great, that she couldn't cut spending, like she promised, and instead asked the voters to approve a "temporary" 1% sales tax increase, for 3-years(wanna guess which county did not pass the tax increase? Mohave County-Lake Havasu). When was the last time you saw a temporary sales tax ended??? I'll help ya out with that one; it's never happened in modern history.

Basically, I'm for smaller/less government. We don't need more laws. We need our government to enforce the laws that are on the books now.

But I think we're getting just a teensy bit off topic here, and I believe I've already written a few pages on my views, so, back to the original poster;

still waiting to here from you on what your qualifications are.
    There are basically zero jobs in Lake Havasu, Mohave County that don't involve flipping burgers or the elderly. It's either health care, or service industry, and those are on opposite ends of the pay scale.

Basically, Lake Havasu is where you come to have a good time, watch the World Finals, or retire. It's not a good place to find a job, or work.
    Well that kills my dreams of living in lake havasu since I'm like 50 years from retiring lol. Don't have much in qualifications. First job was with my pops security company since 04. And up until last year when I wanted to switch industries it was too late due to the economy collapse and lack of available jobs. Have also worked as an independent sales rep for an alcohol distributor; going door to door basically. Still in school for exercise science which is 'typically' liked for being a coach or personal trainer. But guess we all need ph.d's these days. Looking for something entry level. Was even thinking tsa at phoenix airport or bullhead city since its all I've really got for experience but dunno how many hours I can get that'll make ends meet.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaseball3 View Post
    Well that kills my dreams of living in lake havasu since I'm like 50 years from retiring lol. Don't have much in qualifications. First job was with my pops security company since 04. And up until last year when I wanted to switch industries it was too late due to the economy collapse and lack of available jobs. Have also worked as an independent sales rep for an alcohol distributor; going door to door basically. Still in school for exercise science which is 'typically' liked for being a coach or personal trainer. But guess we all need ph.d's these days. Looking for something entry level. Was even thinking tsa at phoenix airport or bullhead city since its all I've really got for experience but dunno how many hours I can get that'll make ends meet.

Good luck with that. My advise is to stay in school, maybe change your major a bit, something more along the lines of physical therapy, instead of personal trainer. There zero need for PT's these days. People can't afford them, and rarely can they even afford to go to the gym anymore.

TSA is probably only taking retired law enforcement types. Although I've seen a few TSA agents that had me scratching my head.
    So maybe the qualification are; "Can you fog a mirror??" If so, your qualified.
    Phoenix, and BHC, are not Lake Havasu. And, neither is well suited for a "commute".

Your in the OC. Gotta be some jobs down there. Get more eduction, and change your major.

Thread Information