Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Tuning the Stinger mod?????

Ok i bought a modded stinger from a member an installation was pretty straight forward but im unsure how to get this device dialed in... Dident know if some of you are running clear water line from the blue check valve to the stinger so when it hit a certain RPM it would spray then twist to adjust from there... Any help would be great.... Also whats your alls opinion on run the two air temp sensor wires together an putting some timing n these Ultras? Just curious of your alls thoughts on it... I had a 2000 that I put 50 hrs on with this mod but this was 9 years ago an im sure things have evolved since those times...lol.. .

What I do is take the water line off the stinger and lay it over the side of the hull. Then you can slowly bring up the rpm and set it to come on at 3k rpm. I usually do it with the ski still strapped down to the trailer. I also like to have the line between the stinger and jetworks about 1ft long to help keep the heat away from the ball in the valve.

The temp sensor mod would only help when the temp is low. What you do is put a 570ohm resistor in place of the temp sensor.

+1
    Dido what Morris said.

I have orange line clear is not needed. Just have it tied to the trailer still when your launching and pop your seat off and go for it just undo the end that goes to the stinger lay it over the side or just by the stinger a little water in the hull wont hurt.
    Rev it up untill it comes on around 3000 rpm. Hook it back up and go.

If you feel it getting warm .."the stinger" then hook it up so it will cool again but it takes about a minute to adjust.

Morris when you going back to the lake I have a simple back to back test for ya. Takes about 2 minutes to test maybe less...

What is it ?

+1
    Yeah guys everything went just like you all said,Thanks a bunch.... I threw a set of Moto Tasunari Carbon reeds in the ski an a modded stock water box off my tripple Pipe boat with the stinger an between the 3 the bottom-Mid range was a big wake up for sure.... Diffenatly wasent the conditions I had the other day when the ski went 69.2 but on a full tank it started off running 67.7 an once it settled around over a half a tank it went 68.3 in some crappy 100 degree heat an mild chop(To many people on the lake to get the ski to settle)... But to a better note I got to beat up on a few turbo hondas,15f an a SHO.. They were all stock so no big accomplishment but it was fun ...

Lol I never can get those hondas to race. It took me 3 years to get 1. Nice numbers with a full tank.

+1
    Hey Morris did you pick up a bunch when you went to the buckshots from the CV's???? Gotta finsh a friends Ski this week but Next week i think im gonna make the switch to the Buckshots...

+1
    Anything is better than the CV's....but most know how I feel about them

It took the carbs to get me over the hump to 70

+1
    How fast were you going b4 the carbs if u dont mind me asking? An if I hadent said it b4 I really appreciate all the info U an Jonny has helped me out with on this thing....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information