Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Ultra 250R?????

  1. #1

    Ultra 250R?????

    Weve all heard the rumors that another boat is on the way in the flavor of a "R" version. If there was only one boat then why would they call it this one the Ultra250X??? I think something is up with this "R" version.

    What do you guys think??? I was planning on the "X" but I dont know what to do know, Im lost....


  2. #2
    Get a SuperJet... LOL

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGPR
    Weve all heard the rumors that another boat is on the way in the flavor of a "R" version. If there was only one boat then why would they call it this one the Ultra250X??? I think something is up with this "R" version.

    What do you guys think??? I was planning on the "X" but I dont know what to do know, Im lost....

    Get the X. If the R comes out then all ya need to do is buy some parts to make it an R.

    Without a doubt Kawi will use the X hull and entire Engine. If the rumors 30 HP are on it then the power wil be coming from the pulleys and ECU. Simple add ons to the X.

    Then youll have all the fetures of an R and a X.

    Most likely the R will have the options droped off. Mirrors, reverse, SLO, Safty turn crap, Hard back seat portion, step bare are more then likly droped off and some cool stickers and some more HP.

    Kawi knows how to make somthing new from whats on the shelf....

  4. #4
    way2fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Melbourne Beach, FL
    Posts
    4,009
    +1
    4
    Sure, you can wait for the Ultra 250R...it's coming as sure as the next sunrise....BUT if you wait for it you'll be missing out on a season or two of riding on the "X". You can go on waiting forever and never buy or enjoy what's top shelf today because by the time it's introduced, other better models might be in the works.

    See my drift?

    The "X" won't disappoint (unless you're a stand up rider)

    Richard

  5. #5
    way2fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Melbourne Beach, FL
    Posts
    4,009
    +1
    4
    The "R" will probably be labeled a 2 person boat, but it won't be a true 2 person anymore than the STXR or the RXP....for that matter. (The RXP uses the GTI hull, which was designed as a 3 passenger ski)

    Richard

  6. #6
    I have already contacted the dealer about arrival dates of the X but I just want some accurate GPS number from someone trustworthy. Ive heard anywhere from 65 all the way to 73. I need something a little more accurate than that range. I already have two boats in the garage that are faster than this new boat (even if 73 is accurate).

    So it certainly needs to break 70 in stock form for me to be interested in it.
    However, it does look like a great addition for those in the 3 seater market and the price looks very atractive.

    If I cant put $2000-$2500 in it and break 75 or 76 then I dont need it.
    Last edited by OutlawGPR; 10-01-2006 at 05:04 PM. Reason: misspelled

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGPR View Post
    I have already contacted the dealer about arrival dates of the X but I just want some accurate GPS number from someone trustworthy. Ive heard anywhere from 65 all the way to 73. I need something a little more accurate than that range. I already have two boats in the garage that are faster than this new boat (even if 73 is accurate).

    So it certainly needs to break 70 in stock form for me to be interested in it.
    However, it does look like a great addition for those in the 3 seater market and the price looks very atractive.

    If I cant put $2000-$2500 in it and break 75 or 76 then I dont need it.
    Im confused. Do you want this boat and if you do then why start asking questions that no one knows.

    No one here can tell you weather 2k to 2.5k will make this boat faster then 75. Your just going to have to figure it out. Then again you can play it safe and take a season of everyone else having a blast. Im sure your 2 over 70 ski,s will keep you busy.
    This is a 4 stroke motor not a 2 stroke. The cost will without a dought cost more then out-dated 2 stroke technology.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by way2fast View Post
    The "R" will probably be labeled a 2 person boat, but it won't be a true 2 person anymore than the STXR or the RXP....for that matter. (The RXP uses the GTI hull, which was designed as a 3 passenger ski)

    Richard
    Yea, they keep getting bigger and bigger.




    And NO, that's not what she said.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    EAST COAST
    Posts
    1,168
    +1
    25

    250R?

    i can tell you guys now if there is going to be a kawasaki ultra 250R,it will be coming from RIVA,,,i was told today there is no such ski in the works at kawasaki!!!!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Im confused. Do you want this boat and if you do then why start asking questions that no one knows.

    No one here can tell you weather 2k to 2.5k will make this boat faster then 75. Your just going to have to figure it out. Then again you can play it safe and take a season of everyone else having a blast. Im sure your 2 over 70 ski,s will keep you busy.
    This is a 4 stroke motor not a 2 stroke. The cost will without a dought cost more then out-dated 2 stroke technology.
    So no one in the whole world knows how fast this boat will go in stock form??
    It was just a question, and I thought a good one. I realize that Im stupid now so I wont ask any more dumb questions.

    Your not interested in how fast this boat goes??? If it is a 62 mph super slow boat wouldnt you be upset if you bought it??? I thought I could ask questions here. Sorry for the confusion....Orlando15SC.

    Oh, and thanks for the clarification on this new boat being a 4-stroke. I didnt know that. Look how much smarter I am now....
    Last edited by OutlawGPR; 10-01-2006 at 11:21 PM. Reason: new info

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Having fun on the Ultra and Frank jumping his Yamaha
    By Enufpwr in forum Videos & Pictures
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 09:05 AM
  2. New 2007 Ultra and STX?
    By 11 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 09-30-2006, 01:57 AM
  3. ultra cool couch 180
    By wakeborder556 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-05-2006, 01:23 PM
  4. peteshauling kicking ultra 150s ass
    By dv8raaz in forum Videos & Pictures
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-27-2005, 10:08 PM
  5. Large Videos and a 80mph Ultra?
    By MikeTrin in forum Videos & Pictures
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-26-2005, 08:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •