Question Rubber seal causing cavitation???

I have a 2008 STX 15f and it got some weeds sucked up into it and after that it wasn't taking off as fast as it should or having the top end speed like it should. After putting it on the trailer I noticed that there's a rubber piece (it's on the shaft tight to front edge of impeller)on the front side of the impeller that has a tear in it. Could this be what's causing the lack in take off acceleration and top speed I had before? Would this be covered under warranty? The pump housing and everything else appears to be normal and I've never ran it in shallow water so I can't say it's caused from gravel or sand. So my questions are,
    1: is this what is causing the lack in acceleration/top end speed (I still can get 50mph or slightly higher out of it but it lags a bit more to get there than usual)
    2: will this ruin anything if I run it like this until I can get it into a shop or buy a replacement part
    3: I looked online and it's only a $3 part (part #92093 on rivamotorsports oem parts finder), would this be something I could replace myself if it wouldnt' be covered by warranty?
    4: if it isn't covered by warranty, would it work better or worse if I'd cut it off and go without it
    Thank you for any and all help

+1
    A tear in the little rubber cone is not going to cause the concerns your talking about. You are low on speed but it's not because of the cone.
    I can't imagine that replacement of the rubber cone is going to be under warranty either. When was the last time the ski was serviced and how many hours are on it?
    You will have to pull the pump to replace the cone. Nothing to difficult but takes some time. However, I think you might have something else going on with your loss in performance. Pick up a service manual if you choose to pull it apart.

Best bet would be to call the local dealership that would do the warranty work and ask them if they think this could be the cause. If it is under warranty and you can get it fixed without any money out of pocket then that would be the best route to go. If they don't think this is the cause but will fix it I would get it fixed then go from there. If it is nether and they say it won't hurt ether way and it is not your cause then at least you have eliminated the obvious and can start looking at other possibilities.

+1
    Since there were two identical threads in 2 different sections I merged them and put them in the general section where it belongs.

Thread Information