Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

polaris genesis 1200 oil injector question

my oil injector does not seem to be working(carbureted model). i marked the level on the tank and it has not gone down. i have been mixing oil in my fuel since the motor was rebuilt. i removed the oil line feeding the pump and it is flowing good from the oil reservoir. i removed the 3 oil lines from the pump and started the pwc, and oil is not coming out of any of the ports. i increased the throttle to half way and still no oil. things i have checked: the key is in and the pump does turn, the lines on the oil pump throttle line up on the pump housing line when the pwc is at idle....any feedback is appreciated!!

hi buddy is the oil pump lever connected right, and alignment in line.

yes. i verified the cable connection between the pump and the throttle so i dont believe that is the problem???

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    This question was recently discussed in another thread.It described how to check for oil flow, using small air bubbles.

Is there a reason you suspect the oil pump is not working, other that your watching the oil level?

This is a carburetor engine - correct?

I have a '99 genesis (carbed) and even though mine was working, I decided to get an oil pump block off kit ($15.00) and remove the pump all together. I now do premix at 40:1 and the ski run great. If you prefer to have an oul pump, I will sell you mine.....Let me know.

i looked thru other threads to see if there was a discussion about the oil pumps, and did not see one. the oil level has not dropped at all and i have run 3 tanks thru the engine since it was rebuilt. based on expected oil to fuel ratios, i should see some obvious changes in the oil level. it seems like allot of people have removed their oil pumps and have installed blocking kits, reverting to mixing their oil. any specifi reason why this is so comon??

Quote Originally Posted by dahank View Post
    i looked thru other threads to see if there was a discussion about the oil pumps, and did not see one. the oil level has not dropped at all and i have run 3 tanks thru the engine since it was rebuilt. based on expected oil to fuel ratios, i should see some obvious changes in the oil level. it seems like allot of people have removed their oil pumps and have installed blocking kits, reverting to mixing their oil. any specifi reason why this is so comon??
    Yes.....The oil pump can fail to pump oil out of one or more ports causing a lean running condition in the corresponding carb/cylinder. This can destroy the piston and/or cylinder sleeve.

+1
    If you really ran three tanks of fuel through with NO change in oil level, something doesn't add up. The engine just would not survive that long without oil.

Is there oil being added (pre-mixed) at the fuel tank?

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    If you really ran three tanks of fuel through with NO change in oil level, something doesn't add up. The engine just would not survive that long without oil.

Is there oil being added (pre-mixed) at the fuel tank?
    Quote Originally Posted by dahank View Post
    my oil injector does not seem to be working(carbureted model). i marked the level on the tank and it has not gone down. i have been mixing oil in my fuel since the motor was rebuilt. i removed the oil line feeding the pump and it is flowing good from the oil reservoir. i removed the 3 oil lines from the pump and started the pwc, and oil is not coming out of any of the ports. i increased the throttle to half way and still no oil. things i have checked: the key is in and the pump does turn, the lines on the oil pump throttle line up on the pump housing line when the pwc is at idle....any feedback is appreciated!!

+1
    Well, if you are sure the oil pump drive between engine crank and oil pump is engaged and working, then I suppose it is possible the oil pump isn't actually pumping.

It can happen, just not a common occurrence.

I presume you have made sure the cable for the oil pump is pulling the pump arm UP, as it should, and not down.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information