Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Big oil leak 2004 RXP, need help

I just bought this jet ski yesterday from a guy on here, what he failed to mention is that it had a really big oil leak. I took it out yesterday and as I was riding the oil light came on. So i stopped and checked the oil and it didn't show on the stick. So i pulled it out of the water and when I pulled the drain plugs on the ski, oil came pouring out. Great. So I take it to my shop and clean it real good, couldn't find anything obvious so I put 2.5 qts in it today and took it out. With in 20 minutes the oil light came on and the dipstick showed nothing. Once again oil in the compartment. I see a good amount of oil right under the front of the motor as well as the back, but not sure where it is coming from.

Anyone have any ides? Thanks.

+1
    don't hear much about oil leaks on 4_tecs. Could be something silly like the oil cap not on or oil spilling while filling it.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Someone on here sold you that ski... and didn't say a word about it blowing out oil ...

Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    don't hear much about oil leaks on 4_tecs. Could be something silly like the oil cap not on or oil spilling while filling it.
    I own a shop that does high performance motors for mustangs and such. We have a chassis dyno etc. So most things Im good at. I know its not somethign like what you are talking. I just wish I would have test drove it instead of trusting a friend of a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Someone on here sold you that ski... and didn't say a word about it blowing out oil ...
    yeah it sucks, but trying to get pasted it and fix the problem. What goes around comes around.

In the end of the shaft there is ballbering between the shaft and the PTO it is the only place will leak from it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boBO View Post
    In the end of the shaft there is ballbering between the shaft and the PTO it is the only place will leak from it

Unless it was rebuilt, and not sealed well, or the oil cooler o-rings got pinched, or the oil press switch was bad, these are a few places to check.

There is an aftermarket shaft bearing in this thing he said he put it in recently so it is probably leaking there. Any directions on how to change it

Put oil back in it run it on the trailer and look for where the oil is coming from my guess is the carrier bearing area but that is the only way you will find it. good luck let us know how you go

Anyone know what's the easy way to find oem part numbers for parts on The ski

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information