Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Few questions guys..

Im new and dont know too much. But ive used the search feature and havent really gotten the answers i was looking for..

I have a stock 2007 rxt with upgraded metal washers. First off im looking into the 4'' intake then i wanted to do some sort of exhaust mod. I was thinking a through hull but would i have to do a different water box? and do i haveto do any other supporting mods?

Next up is what goes into installing a set of rxt-x bars on my ski? What all is needed and how much does it usually cost. Or is it more worth it to do a set of renthal dirtbike bars?? Thanks for any responses im trying to read and learn as much as possible.

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray8188 View Post
    Im new and dont know too much. But ive used the search feature and havent really gotten the answers i was looking for..

I have a stock 2007 rxt with upgraded metal washers. First off im looking into the 4'' intake then i wanted to do some sort of exhaust mod. I was thinking a through hull but would i have to do a different water box? and do i haveto do any other supporting mods? RIVA FREE FLOW EXHAUST

Next up is what goes into installing a set of rxt-x bars on my ski? What all is needed and how much does it usually cost. Or is it more worth it to do a set of renthal dirtbike bars?? Thanks for any responses im trying to read and learn as much as possible. the complete steering system is about 500 to $600 they are hard to come by, Just go with the renthal bars and a finger throttle, and UMI switch housing to clean it up. the DESS post will need to be relocated,as far as the beeper, you can hide it in the hood

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    You can run your stock water box and use a riva free flow thru-hull exhaust kit. As far as the X steering... first you have to find a set-up thats for sale, they don't come available very often. They sell for around $500-$600 used.

+1
    Yeah... what he said ^^^^^^^

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Copy cat

+1
    I can't type fast enough ...

Awesome thanks guys.. What speeds and rpms should i see with the 4'' intake, through hull exhaust, filled ride plate holes, opas block off, and maybe a pump wedge?? Thats what i am looking at starting with.. I am kinda on the fence about the through hull as im kinda scared to cut up the back of my ski lol..

Do you have a gps yet?

Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    Do you have a gps yet?
    I have one but i havent had it out with the ski yet.. but i was just wandering what they would do on average with those mods.

Well....if you're already on the limiter..those mods will net you no real speed gains.....by themselves.

That 4" intake will get you breathing easier...and good for about a 100rpm increase. To take advantage of that extra rpm you can tweak your prop a mm and maybe net 1mph. The exhaust mod will net you no speed increase. It'll sound better...but you'll lose whatever "sleeper" quality you might have had.

The opas b/o and wedge will get you a bit....maybe .5mph....maybe. Losing the opas will help later on when you're moving faster through chop.

The holes filled.....maybe .1-.2mph.

All told with what early mods you're talking about...almost 2mph....for around $200...if you build your own instead of buying bolt on ready.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information