Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 56
  1. #1
    Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    3,350
    +1
    26

    Angry Yes another hose bites the dust 96 SLX

    I have no thermostat in my 96 SLX and it seems to me that it is running a little hot. I just collapsed my third exhaust hose on this thing. I put a hose on it ever year for three years. The screen on the jet pump is clear and the cooling orifice on the exhaust pipe is not plugged. What to do? Would putting a 750 cooling orifice on it help? The 780 has a 1mm opening and the 750 is 2.3mm. I know it would degrade the performance slightly but would this cool the exhaust enough to keep this from happening over and over?


  2. #2
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    Funny you have that problem too.

    I had a similar problem with the maiden voyage of her SLT 750 with the 780 in it. I thought it was from the jetworks valve not opening, but who knows?

    Same scenario as you. No clogs in cooling orifice, and screen is clean.

    I can't offer you any advice about the fitting swap, but I can help you out with the hose. I've acquired quite a few of them, and only need a couple.

    Just cover shipping, and I'll send you a couple.

  3. #3
    Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    3,350
    +1
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Funny you have that problem too.

    I had a similar problem with the maiden voyage of her SLT 750 with the 780 in it. I thought it was from the jetworks valve not opening, but who knows?

    Same scenario as you. No clogs in cooling orifice, and screen is clean.

    I can't offer you any advice about the fitting swap, but I can help you out with the hose. I've acquired quite a few of them, and only need a couple.

    Just cover shipping, and I'll send you a couple.
    I'm thinking about putting in the hotseat noise maker, being aluminum would it cool better???? I can't stand that thing it gives me a headache....lol

    That would be great. I'll be needing a 780 choke and throttle cable too for the 750 upgrade. let me know how much and your paypal address

  4. #4
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,599
    +1
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Polaris_Nut#1 View Post
    ...The screen on the jet pump is clear and the cooling orifice on the exhaust pipe is not plugged. ...
    What about the mesh screen filter for the orifice feed?

    Is that screen clear?

    Is there one on the Fuji engines?

  5. #5
    SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids,Iowa
    Posts
    6,381
    +1
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    What about the mesh screen filter for the orifice feed?

    Is that screen clear?

    Is there one on the Fuji engines?
    Seems to me that there is,pretty sure I have pulled the one on the SLT and cleaned it before. A real pain to get it out because of the tight clearance.

    Good catch Keith.

  6. #6
    Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    3,350
    +1
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    What about the mesh screen filter for the orifice feed?

    Is that screen clear?

    Is there one on the Fuji engines?
    yup, clean as a whistle as usual

  7. #7
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Polaris_Nut#1 View Post
    yup, clean as a whistle as usual
    Mine was too.

    Are you running pissers by chance Nut#1???

  8. #8
    Similar problem going on with my 94 sl750 (fuji engine).

    Wondering if mine is cooling properly at all, but can't see of find any blockages.

    Should water come out of the tell tales on the side of the hull whilst running though?

    Sorry if I am hijacking at all, but do have same problem.

    Jon

  9. #9
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Tris70uk View Post
    Similar problem going on with my 94 sl750 (fuji engine).

    Wondering if mine is cooling properly at all, but can't see of find any blockages.

    Should water come out of the tell tales on the side of the hull whilst running though?

    Sorry if I am hijacking at all, but do have same problem.

    Jon
    Unless you added pissers to the ski, you shouldn't see any water coming out of your ski.

    Try removing your thermostat and see what happens.

    Also make sure your screen is clean on the top fitting of the exhaust pipe.

  10. #10
    Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    3,350
    +1
    26
    no pissers yet, I wanted to add a red one for water exiting and a purple one for the cool water entering but can not find the exit pissers anywhere.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-30-2015, 02:27 AM
  2. another supercharger bites the dust, maybe
    By DSmith1178 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-08-2008, 07:26 PM
  3. another one bites the dust
    By rxpsalazar in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 03:35 AM
  4. Another Hull Bites the Dust.....Goodbye SL750
    By 1996SLTX in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 12-24-2007, 09:24 PM
  5. another 1 bites the dust
    By BlaZinMJ in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-06-2006, 12:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •