+1

08 SHO Cruiser Reverse Bucket Question

I have a question about my reverse bucket on my 08 SHO Cruiser. Today I gunned it and the reverse bucket popped into the reverse position. How did this happen. Also, I can move my reverse bucket by hand to the deploy and stow position very easly by grabbing the bucket itself, but when I grab the handle, its the same as its always been, its has some resistance. Any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Toobold View Post
    I have a question about my reverse bucket on my 08 SHO Cruiser. Today I gunned it and the reverse bucket popped into the reverse position. How did this happen. Also, I can move my reverse bucket by hand to the deploy and stow position very easly by grabbing the bucket itself, but when I grab the handle, its the same as its always been, its has some resistance. Any idea?
    If I remember correctly there is a spring loaded ball bearing in the handle mechanism that falls into a detent. If it is too easy to move (such as falling down on its own) I would look there for something loose or just wrong. Take off the right cover and you have access to it.

+1
    The handle has the normal amount of resistance. I just dont think I have every checked the bucket by moving it by hand, cant believe how it easy it is compared to using the handle.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobold View Post
    The handle has the normal amount of resistance. I just dont think I have every checked the bucket by moving it by hand, cant believe how it easy it is compared to using the handle.
    If the bucket isn't fully engaged then yes it is easy to move. I would check the rear sput hose, maybe it is blocking it from fully engaging. When you push the handle back with your hand you should feel a slight resistance and then a snap/click when it locks into position. I've modified my hose and it caused it to not lock fully.

Secondly when the bucket went into reverse did the handle come out as well?

Lastly how fast were you going when it went into reverse? Were you thrown forward?

Thread Information