Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

rear intake air system

can someone please explain how a rear air intake system works without getting water in ur supercharger? and can someone please tell me how the ski breaths when the air exit is now being sucked with air instead of realesing hot air from the hull. so fresh air is coming from the front and going were? id just like to say who ever came up with did not think this idea threw enough. because i think this kit will be very costly in the long run with water being ingested into the supercharger and motor. couple of wave splashs will end in a rebuild. so pls take this part off the market as its a laughting stock. or can some guru pls explain how wrong i am.

Man, I use one, like quite a few people do.

Dont swamp the ski, or water may well get in, but I have been in serious chop, and no harm done to my charger etc.

The filter at the top helps to reduce the water droplets to very fine ones, and most will go through the intake, and no damage will occur.

I have put a few drain holes at the bottom of the intake to allow any substancial amaount of water to drip away, which is what will happen at idle/off.

Never had a problem, so I cant complain. But, like everything, one has to consider where he/she rides.

You can tilt the intake horn sideways, and this will stop almost all water ingress, but cooler air will get into the intake, but inertia etc of the inlet air at speed will separate it from the water.

Are you being serious??? Do you ride in a river or something that has 2mm chop? I'm talking out in the bay, enduro racing etc I have never come home to find my seat dry...nor light it's heavey as from the water. And not to mention what are you doing for air circulation of ur ski. And do you think it's efficant having air sucked from under ur seat it's not direct at all.

REAR AIR + BAY, ENDURANCE ETC. = NOT GOOD

I have 3 S3 charger impellers and housings to prove it....you will injest water

No shit it's gotta be the the worst thing ever put on the market

+1
    If you mostly ride in lakes with mild chop and don't ride your ski like a complete idiot for example 180 degree turns and such you should be fine with having a rear intake.

And yes, you do have to do something about engine heat, some people make an additional hole in the back plastic piece so there can still be flow. Flo rites help too.

From personal experience I tried it out once and in the condition I ride which consists of ocean with heavy chop, I would not recommend for those conditions. I kept checking to see if I had ingested water every once in a while and it didn't look like it. I did get some splashes which I'm sure a couple drops probably sneaked in.

I went back to running my 4 inch to the front.

It's not a stupid mod or useless, you gain rpms from it, you just have to be more careful with your ski and not drive it like a jackass.

Yeah ok mate just stick to ur flow rite. Just admit it's shit. there's no point of it maybe unless you were using it for drag raceing and you ride without a seat. If u ride like u never had more then a few droplets as you said then why don't ou just have a pipe coming off ur sc and out between legs? Great air flow and stick your flow rite fridge magnets back in and you you
    might be set for more rpms too. Gee what a idea I might offer it to riva

+1
    Are you upset about something?

+1
    Dude...To each their own.

Like I said, if you ride in lakes and don't ride like a jackass then you might benefit from this mod.

If you personally don't like it then just go with the front intake....even with that some people can't believe we put kanaflex as our intakes but its been proven to outperform the riva and definitely the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    Dude...To each their own.

Like I said, if you ride in lakes and don't ride like a jackass then you might benefit from this mod.

If you personally don't like it then just go with the front intake....even with that some people can't believe we put kanaflex as our intakes but its been proven to outperform the riva and definitely the stock.

no you still wount benefit from this mod. it would be good for the first 10 mins thats it. the flow rite wount vent enough fresh air. you'll have allot of hot air and bad fumes. not have a go at ya just trying to help you out i hope you understand that

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information