Arrow is it classified as a boat or a jetski?

Been going back and forth on correct definitions here. I have a yam. vx110 3 seater. I was told, and read some were that a three seater above a certain hp. rating is considered a boat and falls under the ct boating rules. Also heard this from a fish cop in ma.

Problem is, i can't find a definition ether way in print or I'm just not looking in the rite place. There's lot of places boats are Allowed that jet skis aren't. thus the classification is important to me.
    Thanks in advance for all replies.

im guessing if you take it some place jet skis are not allowed you will get shit for it, from both the locals and the fun police.

I thought there was a size like 12' and if it was less than 12' it was a personal watercraft and if it was over that it was a boat.

When I took my PWC class in CT (just about a month ago) the instructor said the difference was you stand on a pwc and sit in a boat...which made no sense since we are all sitting on our couches (as much as you sit on a boat anyway).

Here is the law in NH:
    A PWC is a small vessel that uses an inboard jet drive as its primary source of propulsion and is designed to be operated by a person or persons sitting, standing, or kneeling on the vessel rather than inside the vessel. The U.S. Coast Guard includes personal watercraft in the group of inboard vessels less than 16 feet in length.

It probably varies from state to state..

Danbury CT
    If it's registered as a boat then you could put lights on it and ride it at night! You can't do that with a PWC.

thanks for the above replies. I guess I'm looking for the written definition of ether, which i cannot find as of yet.
    Believe it or not, a funcop up at congamond(ma. ct boarder) actually defended me against a locall citizen who stated jet skis were not allowed on north pond, they stated it was a three seater therefor a boat as the reg. states.
    Ya, i'm confused

Stonington, CT
    it's a jetski not a boat...

CT Statutes: Chapter 268 Sec. 15-140j. Certificate of personalwatercraft operation. Operation of personalwatercraft with passengers. Regulations. (a) As used in this section, "personal watercraft" is any inboard powered vessel less than sixteen feet in length which has an internal combustion engine powering a water-jet pump as its primary source of motor propulsion and which is designed to be operated by a person sitting, standing or kneeling on the vessel, rather than the conventional manner of sitting or standing inside the vessel.

Thread Information