+1

Another Great Day of Fishing!

My ski is still in the shop but I still went fishing.

I made another trip to Hatteras North Carolina Saturday for another offshore trip on my neighbors True World 28. This time it was myself, Barclay and his Dad Dr. Glen Sheppard and Phillip. We departed Hatteras Inlet at 0515 hrs and went South, we fished anywhere from 25 to 120 fathoms. we picked up a couple of Mahi trolling and then got into some great bailing action. Later in the day we stopped by the Rockplie and did some jigging and pulled up some nice Amberjack, that is always a blast and one of my favorite things to do. As we were packing things up to head back, Barclay spotted a nice lone dolpin cruising by, he grab a spinning rod and hooked a live bait and tossed it at the fish. The fish charged it and after spitting it a couple of times, Barclay managed to set the hook. It ended up being our largest Mahi of the day at about 28 lbs. We were back at the dock around 1730 and cleaned the boat and fish for a couple hours and then all headed back to Virginia. Another great day of fishing! Happy Fathers Day to all, I know what I am having for dinner.

dame dude nice catch again. I hate you. LOL just kidding

+1
    awesome

Do you know any good charters out of hatteras that you would recommend? Myself and the family are staying in hatteras july 10th for a week and are looking to go offshore. It will only be myself and father in law fishing. ANy help would be appreciated. I always enjoy reading your posts.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by itsslow98 View Post
    Do you know any good charters out of hatteras that you would recommend? Myself and the family are staying in hatteras july 10th for a week and are looking to go offshore. It will only be myself and father in law fishing. ANy help would be appreciated. I always enjoy reading your posts.

One of the boats in the pictures, "Reel Escape". I know the Capt. and the mate, they do very well in Hatteras and are one of the few boats that will do a put together charter.http://www.reelescapecharters.com/index.asp

How often do you come down to NC? I am down in Morehead City every summer, it would be sweet to meet up and do some fishing

Did you hear anything about the Big Rock fiasco? Nothing like losing 1.2M because of an expired fishing license

Quote Originally Posted by jetskibrian View Post
    One of the boats in the pictures, "Reel Escape". I know the Capt. and the mate, they do very well in Hatteras and are one of the few boats that will do a put together charter.http://www.reelescapecharters.com/index.asp
    Sent an email, waiting to hear back from him next week about booking a trip. Thanks a lot I look forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
    How often do you come down to NC? I am down in Morehead City every summer, it would be sweet to meet up and do some fishing

Did you hear anything about the Big Rock fiasco? Nothing like losing 1.2M because of an expired fishing license

I read about that in yesterdays paper.... all I can say about that is... that sucks. I'm pretty sure I know how the others on the boat felt.

Quote Originally Posted by bar and shield215 View Post
    I read about that in yesterdays paper.... all I can say about that is... that sucks. I'm pretty sure I know how the others on the boat felt.
    They probably felt like killing him.

Thread Information