Best Solas impeller for me? Please advise

I just bought a 97 Challenger 1800 with the twin 110hp engines

One of the impellers is a bit chewed up, and the other one looks fine but has a cracked wear ring. So I decided that since I'm pulling both sides out, I might as well get two new matching impellers.

The SBT exchange program is sold out for my boat, so that nudged me into getting two Solas impellers. I am looking for some feedback as to which would suit me better... the Concord SD-CD 15/23, or the X Prop SD-SC-XO 16.5/23.5

I don't tow any skiers or anything in the boat, so I don't really care about hole shot. I would like something that has good performance and a high top speed. Acceleration would be nice, but I am more concerned with top end.

Would the X Prop be a better choice considering what I want out of it?

If anyone has experience with either of these impellers and how they perform versus the stock impellers, please chime in!

I'd appreciate any help! Thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dsw222 View Post

One of the impellers is a bit chewed up, and the other one looks fine but has a cracked wear ring. So I decided that since I'm pulling both sides out, I might as well get two new matching impellers.

The SBT exchange program is sold out for my boat, so that nudged me into getting two Solas impellers. I am looking for some feedback as to which would suit me better... the Concord SD-CD 15/23, or the X Prop SD-SC-XO 16.5/23.5

I don't tow any skiers or anything in the boat, so I don't really care about hole shot. I would like something that has good performance and a high top speed. Acceleration would be nice, but I am more concerned with top end.

If anyone has experience with either of these impellers and how they perform versus the stock impellers, please chime in!

I don't know if those props will even be compatible with your boat.

Also it seems those props are WAY to big. I don't really know much about the older seadoo boats but if a stock RXP-X ski has 255hp, do you really expect each of your 110hp motors to have enough juice to turn it? I'd think you would need something with way less pitch.

Those are the (only) two props that are recommended on Solas's website ( see second row from bottom... 780(2) Challenger 1800 97-99 )

http://solas.com/newweb/pwcproduct/s...o=F23&SwType=1

There are a few threads on here from people with boats similar to mine using the Concord, but I haven't seen any feedback on the X Prop

Quote Originally Posted by TheElite0ne View Post
    I don't know if those props will even be compatible with your boat.

Also it seems those props are WAY to big. I don't really know much about the older seadoo boats but if a stock RXP-X ski has 255hp, do you really expect each of your 110hp motors to have enough juice to turn it? I'd think you would need something with way less pitch.
    you cant compare a 140mm pump/prop combo to a 155mm combo, the solas props he asked about work great in the 110hp ski's, but i have no clue how they will perform in a big boat..

Quote Originally Posted by dsw222 View Post

I'm interested in hearing any feedback from the x props too. I had the same question when choosing impellers for my '98 challenger 1800 last winter. I decided on the 15/23 concords as I assumed (?) they were a newer design, like "concord" is a buzz word or something. I replaced the wear rings with WSM "oem type" rings at the same time. I have only been out once so far this season with the new impeller/ring combo. Port engine was acting funny (found a blown out rave valve) and the starboard engine would cavitate (found the carbon ring to be loose and the pump not fully tightened to the hull). But once the boat did get on plane it was about 5mph faster on top, based on the factory speed-o. I didn't bring my gps but I will confirm speed differences as soon as i get my new rave valve piston. I was at 46mph gps with 4 people and a full tank last year with destroyed impellers and wear rings. It's definitely quicker overall and accelerates faster but again my oem stuff was completely shot.

Call impros, they can recommend the best prop for you, I went with the 16/24 Sea-Doo Skat-Trak Swirl, we mainly use our boat for sking so we went with the 16/24, but from my research everyone recommends the swirl...

Thread Information