Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Whats wrong with my SKI!!??

..so im on vacation down here at the outer banks and launched yesterday at a local spot, super amounts of hydrila (sp) grass. got sucked up, started to run rough, ive had 1 previous experience with a stick getting stuck up there..
    put on trailer and pulled all of the grass out, still not running right.. not sure what to do at this point, i dont see anything through the intake grate and dont see anything at the impellar..took home.

put on the hose to "flush" out, nothing samething..what is caught up there that could cause the engine to not run right on the hose out of water???

HELP!! and thanx! oh yea 08 rxpx

+1
    You may need to take your ic out and clean it. What is the ski doing?

running, it feels like it is being starved of air...i/c...quite possible. i do have a strainer on the i/c lines but it had only water in it. it will run just not right, i feel like its not the mechanics of the engine but something inline with it that is clogged up with madness grassness!

conditions were absolutely horrible, was not visual until i was on it an it was too late.

gonna pull the i/c out and see...2nd day of vacation and im pulling this crap apart is ridiculous! ugh.

thnx OCMAN if ur right..

well, its not the i/c. there was nothing in there..
    i havent tried riding it since i pulled it out of the water..just on the hose, it runs the same way..idles weird and sounds weird 720ish almost like a bad coil..it will clear out for a second and go back and forth between semi normal and crap. it seems to rev up fine i guess, it doesnt struggle to do that...

im lost and im vacation...this sux.

+1
    Can you change plugs where you are?

Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Can you change plugs where you are?
    do these plugs go bad like that? 37 hrs on it...if the plugs are obtainable at napa or something...then i can swap them out..

ugh...i dont know what happened. did i have 2 problems happen at the same time? when it happened i was "in it" and it just shut down running like it was cavitating...i just assumed it was that.

ill pull the plugs out an take a look..

+1
    Ok, so its just cavitating or? Does it only do this when you first pin it or??

Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Ok, so its just cavitating or? Does it only do this when you first pin it or??
    well at first i thought it was just cavitating in the water, pulled back on trailer and took it home, cleaned everything out..put on the hose and it is running the same way..it runs, sounds like a miss or it being starved of air or fuel..it will rev up without a struggle...its just weird.

i pulled the plugs out last night and they look normal brown, not wet or anything or fouled looking..

im a honda tech at a dealer at home so im quite in tune with how a motor operates, its just the whole jet propulsion is what im still learning...i dont think anymore it has to do with that.

no codes. no beeps. just runs rough, not gonna take it back out until i know this is corrected..

total run time this season has been about 1 minute.

total bummer

Check the exhaust.....see if you didn't get some crap logded in there.

Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    Check the exhaust.....see if you didn't get some crap logded in there.
    exhaust is good...worth a look at cuz im at a lost..

it almost sounds to me like some crappy gas or something..exhaust tone is not right..like crappy gas....hmm i did just do a fill up at a local crap gas station down here of premium...

it will rev up no problem like a quick jab of the throttle it doesnt fall or anything, spark is good...

AHHHHH!!! im on vacation!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information