Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Check out this battery!

I don't know if this battery is any good but I paid almost double for a good battery from batterymart.com and I was getting a good price from them. What do you guys think? I am thinking of buying one as a backup.

RizzO
    +1
    That is A good question, maybe K447 can give advise on this...

RiZ

Price is RIGHT!! Almost too good.

+1
    I bought one of those. My wonderfull friend stole it for his MSX 140- M ******** ! **** !!!!!

Seems to work well . They are not sealed from the factory-but do come with an acid pack. Time will tell if it lasts.
    Note; the battery wasn't exactly the same dimensions as a Polaris, thinner.

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo7883 View Post
    That is A good question, maybe K447 can give advise on this...

RiZ

Price is RIGHT!! Almost too good.
    That is why I posted it before a I ordered one. This thing is about half of what I paid (with shipping charges) for a Big Crank which I got for about $30.00 off retail. I was thinking the same as you in that K447 would know. I am sure he will respond when he gets a chance.

I think I just directed Xlint to Batterymart.com last week for two batteries he purchased. I am actually hoping this thing isn't worth the risk because he could have saved some cash.

Quote Originally Posted by casey67 View Post
    I bought one of those. My wonderfull friend stole it for his MSX 140- M ******** ! **** !!!!!

Seems to work well . They are not sealed from the factory-but do come with an acid pack. Time will tell if it lasts.
    So you think it is a good deal and the price is cheaper because you seal it yourself?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by casey67 View Post
    ...They are not sealed from the factory-but do come with an acid pack. Time will tell if it lasts.

I am not a fan of the AGM batteries you self-fill with acid. I don't think they have quite the same lifespan as the factory sealed AGM batteries.

When you self fill the acid, there is the possibility of tiny air pockets being trapped within the glass matting. These bubbles will reduce the battery's effective capacity and strength.

A factory sealed AGM battery is acid filled in a production line environment and the manufacturer can use pressure and vacuum to ensure a proper and accurate acid saturation of the glass matting.

You also have the issue of working with liquid sulfuric acid, which is not my favorite activity.

A genuine Odyssey PC625 is rated at 480-625 Cranking Amps, while this cheaper battery is rated at 275 CCA.

Given the way specs are often over-stated by battery sellers, I would guess this cheap and generic eBay battery has about 1/2 the real starting power of an Odyssey.

Being 2 pounds lighter and thinner would also suggest it has less battery tucked inside that case. More weight means more lead+acid = more battery capacity.

A top shelf AGM battery might cost about $100, but it will last for years.

Amortized over multiple years, the per-ride cost to have an excellent battery behind that start button is worth something to me.

That being said........I just saved myself some bucks by not clicking the "Buy Now" icon.

Thanks K447.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TopCop931 View Post
    I think I just directed Xlint to Batterymart.com last week for two batteries he purchased.
    Not me....

I'm all over the Oddyssey when I get another.

any body thought what it might mean to get one from walmart for 50 $ i mean sure it might last you 1-2 season might even squeeze 2-3 seasons out of it

but in my experience my sealed battery only lasted 2 seasons granted i didnt battery tend it or store it inside in a warm house but my shop was semi heated never got below 40* because of plumbing but still and

it had a 6 month warranty completely useless if i have a problem next season
    because we all know if someone buys this in may or april they are not going to be riding in october or november plus they never go bad in the that short little warranty period

and i had experience bad issues with the acid filled ones with my quad but they only had 30 day warranties from advanced auto parts , both of which lasted a year no battery tend , temps rangeing from 15*-104*

so in my closing ramble unless your going to buy 120 $ oddesy dont go to the median , just get 50 $ fill'r up and ruin the environment or spend the big bucks and get a 2 year warranty ,

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Not me....

I'm all over the Oddyssey when I get another.
    That wasn't you? Oh yeah it was ph2ocraft. Sorry dude. I remember you being in on the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    Hi Jared, I appreciate it but I already ordered my Oddyssey's from the Battery Mart.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information