Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy New rxtx 260 check engine on first ride

Well just picked up my new rxtx 260, took it out for it's first ride yesterday, fathers day present to myself and went about 200 yards before check engine light came one. Trouble code po 122. I shut down restarted and code came back three times. I put it back on the double trailer next to one of my hondas, embarrassed by the crowd drooling over it before I launched. I dropped my silver trusty Honda in the water and had a great day. When I got back there was a sticker on the seat that said change the name to seapoo.

How disappointing, I've had three honda skis and never a hiccup. I hope this isn't a sign. I wanted the ski because of all the tech, power and new hull hype.

Does anyone know what this code could be and is it something simple to fix? I want to ride today and my dealer is closed.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    That sucks. Code is as follows: TPS out of range, short to ground. Time to go back to the dealer.

Tell the crowd: "everything breaks from time to time, including Honda". I'm sure this is an easy fix. Looks like your dealer didn't do the appropriate pre delivery checks. When you take it back, I'd insist on a pre delivery ride by the dealer to check for issues and to test the tightness of the hoses. there is a bulletin containing a procedure for this.

While it may not make you feel better, mine has been perfect for the first 4 hours. I'm sure yours will be too once the dealer does his job correctly.

grover

+1
    LOL, that's funny about the sticker on the seat. I'm sure you will get it worked out. The first time you hammer down on that beast and pass a Honda you will feel a lot better, and he will be like, "WTH was that, a supercharged Titanic?"

+1
    I actually had a chance to see one of these in person the other day. WOW, what a piece of artwork these things are. The steering looks like some kind of F16 Pilot wheel or something. Really cool looking ski.

Dont let it dissuade you in any way. Maintain the ski properly and it will run just like your Honda's albeit faster though!

I had a problem with mine on the first day out, too. The dealer came to the boat ramp and straightened it out for me. Some update to the ECU or something, I can't remember what he did to it.

I think you can expect problems with anything you buy that is a new design. I considered that before purchasing. Also, there's a ton of moving parts and electronics in these jet skis, things are going to go wrong sometimes.

Speaking of problems...did your supercharger hose blow off yet? Mine did that at 4 hours.

i had the same problem with mine except she went into limp mode and i also had now ibr control. There is a new update out for the ecu allready. had it done and have had no problems with it since.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    The steering looks like some kind of F16 Pilot wheel or something. Really cool looking ski.

I flew F-16's for 22 years and never saw a "Pilot wheel or something" in the jet!!!!!

It is a bad ass ski and the manueverability is awesome! In time this S-3 hull will prove to be the fastest hull in the pwc world!

Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    I flew F-16's for 22 years and never saw a "Pilot wheel or something" in the jet!!!!!

It is a bad ass ski and the manueverability is awesome! In time this S-3 hull will prove to be the fastest hull in the pwc world!
    Not to mention the quickest turning and handling hull in its size class. I'm amazed at how much better this PWC handles compared to my 2004 GTX 4TEC SC.

Dropped it off to the dealer this morning. Two other rxtx 260 x sitting there also in for repairs. The same two that were delivered the same day as mine.

The dealer has sold three. Three in for service. I asked what they were in for, he wouldn't tell me. Hope it's the ecu upgrade mentioned above.

If this thing runs as good as everyone claims , I'll buy another one. Looking for a four unit trailer now. I swear my Hondas can beat anything in the rough water. We will see, time will tell. Can't wait to get it back, now I'm drooling to rip.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information