Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sho almost sunk ..Warning

Warning to anyone that has the Riva Power cooler.

The Cap you install in the water line to Block Off the hole for the stock cooler feader line can break.

Seeing the post by another member that this has happed too as well.

I ran the ski on saturday afternoon and went to Ride it on the Sunday and 75% of the engine compartment was flooded!!!!!

I bailed out the boat I started the moter when the water was low enough only to see that there was a tear in the Cap blocking off this outlet.

This fiting will allow water to flow into the boat even though the moter is not running..

I dont think this cap can handle the preasure of the water when the Ski is run in the higher RPMs

My modifications are: INTAKE GRATE,SKAT TRACK 13/24,RIDE PLATE,C3-10,R1 Reflash,Cold air intake,

+1
    yup this happen to me!guys u gotta do something with that line its a bad feeling when waters coming in.did ur bilge pump work?

No......The Bulge pump only works when the ignition is on.

The Pump should have a float system like a boat does.

When the Ski was sinking I had to just tap the ignition to have the Pump turn on..Then it only runs for 30 seconds, then you have to tap the ignition to keep working...NOT GOOD

The potential for someone to go for a run, then Park your ski only to find the ski underwater is SO REAL...This will happen to someone soon.

I was lucky water had only filled 3/4 of the compartment. Water didn't enter the supercharger or get the ecu of the powershot. so in the end there was no damage.

I then ran the ski for a good run without the rear seat on to dry out the compartment and also so I could cheak and watch there were no other leaks.

yes it did break on me 2

+1
    What kit does this cap come with? Why not just switch the fitting out for a "T" or "Y" fitting and forget the cap all together?

Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    What kit does this cap come with? Why not just switch the fitting out for a "T" or "Y" fitting and forget the cap all together?

Rubber cap like you would used to cap a vacuum line or similar.

A $40 stainless Y would be cheap compared to seeing your handlebars disappear under water.
    Some Stainless T's can be found for much less.

I don't have this particular mod on my ski, but being a plumber by trade i would reccomend using a brass cap that has a barbed insert and then a cinch clamp to hold it in place. I know from experience that when the cinch clamps are properly used they can withstand 250+ psi

+1
    Riva should have provided a better way to cap it or provide a "Y". My cap ripped open after 1 race. I came up with my own home made solution and everything is good now.

To have that happen in a race isn't cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    Riva should have provided a better way to cap it or provide a "Y". My cap ripped open after 1 race. I came up with my own home made solution and everything is good now.

Exclamation Warning

Happened to me yesterday on my stage 3 FZ, and that was only at 7.000rpm as I am just finishing new engine break-in

that rubber cap thingy supplied with IC kit lasted for a good 6h before splitting
    I should have known better when installing it

I had water over the battery and waterbox in just a few minutes, steam hissing all over the place, made it back to the ramp with the nose up in the air

By the way I had already rewired my bilge pump direct to battery with a toggle switch in glove box, even working continuously it could NOT cop at all with that tiny leak!
    If I had been out in the sea, the ski would have been lost and I would have been swimming back home...

I am adding a 2nd 500gph Rule pump before riding again, IMO that s a must for offshore
    I will also double-check all my water-lines and thru-hull fittings, upgrade clamps and replace the few remaining stock lines w/ heavy-duty hose

everybody be careful out there!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information