Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Looking for Two New Skis

I will be needing a pair of new skis soon...
    if any of you know of a good deal (or dealers) in Florida please let me know or feel free to PM me if you like, we are considering several models:
    Sea-Doo RXP-X
    Sea-Doo RXT-X
    Yamaha FZR
    Yamaha FZS

Don't know if you prefer 2 or 3 seat, but I'm really impressed with my 2010 RXT X. A bit of water in the bilge (I believe I have the issue worked out) but otherwise excellent. While everyone is talking about the power and iControl, the real story is with the new hull. It handles much more like a smaller Sea Doo and while it's top speed isn't much more than my old GTX SC (reported 68 mph vs gps observed 60 on my old ski), it is effortless getting to 55 and feels like it has much more (I'm still breaking it in).

Can't say I know much about Yamaha except BRP sells more PWC's than several other manufacturers combined for a reason. I've renewed my faith in BRP with this new model.

grover

+1
    SD also just started a new promotion starting 6/18 - 7/3. 4 year warranty plus 3.9% for 3 years on any new ski 07-10 in dealer stock.

+1
    Also, A friend (Vspec1) on here totalled his ski a few months ago. Tim(RUSH on GH) from Champions gave him a good deal and treated him right.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    SD also just started a new promotion starting 6/18 - 7/3. 4 year warranty plus 3.9% for 3 years on any new ski 07-10 in dealer stock.
    Yep, they sent me the e-mail, that is an excellent deal for sure! Only thing is; I wish BRP would offer 5 year warranty here in Florida like the Yamahas though.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by grover432 View Post
    Don't know if you prefer 2 or 3 seat, but I'm really impressed with my 2010 RXT X.
    Thank you, yep we have examined it in detail, and it really is a big, beautiful ski. Maybe a little too big for my taste, but we'll see.
    Sea-Doo is way ahead in the whole R&D with their designs and technology. The only thing they goofed on was those crazy holes cut in the top deck in the back, with the little covers that can pop off and let water in the hull; WTH were they thinking? But yeah, overall a really gorgeous design, just beautiful. Love the red and black too, but I am a little biased on the colors.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Thank you, yep we have examined it in detail, and it really is a big, beautiful ski. Maybe a little too big for my taste, but we'll see.
    Sea-Doo is way ahead in the whole R&D with their designs and technology. The only thing they goofed on was those crazy holes cut in the top deck in the back, with the little covers that can pop off and let water in the hull; WTH were they thinking? But yeah, overall a really gorgeous design, just beautiful. Love the red and black too, but I am a little biased on the colors.
    I think they were thinking that the only way to install an iControl system with an electrically controlled gate was to locate the electric motor at the port side in the stern. Then they started thinking "how are we going to get to that thing for service", so they decided to create a port there. While they were at it, to balance things off, on the RXT X they located the battery on the starboard side (stern).

I don't mind the design so much except for the potential for water leakage, or worse, vandalism (theft) of the port covers, which I'm sure would lead to an expensive replacement and a spoiled weekend without them.

Mine don't leak, but others have complained that theirs do. At the least, if the ports are going to be there, they need a bullet proof design and locks. I don't see Sea Doo changing the hull deck any time soon so if leaking is a problem, I'm sure we will see up fitted port covers next year.

I don't know how many people on the forums (I follow 4 forms) have the models with the access ports, but I've only read complaints from 3 owners. Maybe that is a good thing.

+1
    I don't mind the design so much except for the potential for water leakage...
    +1, it looks to me that hull can fill with water via those massive holes in the top deck. If the ski cuts off in an offshore situation and you wind up caught in the swells or surf, this is potentially a very dangerous design. The covers don't just open; with just a little wiggling, they pop completely off! In the world of PWC, this means "gone."

At the least, if the ports are going to be there, they need a bullet proof design and locks.
    Agreed. I'm sure someone will make a better locking cover, if they haven't already.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    I test rode the new rxtx at mudbug. its by far the best looking ski that BRP has designed in at least the past 6 years. it handles very well, but to the point of being boring. i was lapping the test track WOT in the chop without issue. that may be what you are looking for. its big tho. you look back and there lots of seat and deck behind you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by addicted View Post
    I test rode the new rxtx at mudbug. its by far the best looking ski that BRP has designed in at least the past 6 years. it handles very well, but to the point of being boring. i was lapping the test track WOT in the chop without issue. that may be what you are looking for. its big tho. you look back and there lots of seat and deck behind you.
    I agree, it's huge; they were clearly looking at ocean applications when they designed that whale. Even the footwells are huge. I wasn't really excited about the size, it's a negative for me with this model. It's beautiful though.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information