Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation trim lever??

Hey yall, just joined up so this maybe a dumb newbie question... I have searched for a thread to help me out but found nothing. I have an 08' RXP215. My VTS went out on me which is okay because I never like it anyway. So I decided to put the R&D auto trim nozzle on... seems to me that unless you have something to push the nozzle down you will never be able to lower it for the holeshot. I was thinking the only way to do that without fixing the junk electric VTS is to use a hydraulic bar mounted lever. Does anyone have any advice or has anyone been in my shoes before? Thank you in advance. Also I have noticed that I posted in the wrong section... sorry will not happen again.
    Last edited by bar and shield215; 06-21-2010 at 01:40 PM. Reason: corrected

you could of just bought a vts for under 150 and call it a day

That is correct but I didnt like the way that it worked plus it would, more than likely failed again. Plus, why not upgrade when a stock part fails?

first off i like to have control of my trim and why would it fail mine doesnt fail it fails just like anything else you dont take care of

and the r&d trim nozzle is not a vts motor so what went bad

Banned User
    +1
    i think he's trying to say even with the auto-drop you need the holeshot rod. and for the holeshot rod to work properly you still need the vts to trim all the way down. his is not work at all and doesnt want to install another vts motor just hook up a lever up on the bars.... correct?

i myself dont know exactly how to do it but a buddy used a cable instead of a hydro. setup and ran the cable through where the vts rod once went through the hull if that helps ya any.......

+1
    I have done it to my RnD auto drop.

You need a very heavy duty cable as Mine didnt hold out so now im making a pnumatic setup.

Have a look at the pics in this thread, its what gave me the idea to do it. You can see how he attached it on the pump and trim ring, mine is almost identicle.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106754

R88

Mike H you are absolutely correct sir, thank you for re-wording my... far from descriptive post. and R88ory RXP Thank you very much for your help... i sat behind my ski last night for about an hour just trying to figure it out and that was exactly the set up that i came up with. You are all a great bunch of guys and thank you for the help. I look forward to spending a lot more time on this forum.

PS, any idea what lever and cable I should use? also does the ski in those pictures have aftermarket steering or is that stock with all the plastic crap removed?

Thanks again,
    Ted
    Last edited by bar and shield215; 06-22-2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: added thoughts

Banned User
    +1
    thats "x" style steering setup. alot like the UMI setup just comes factory on the px and tx. id imagen if you had that setup you could go to any dirtbike shop and find a clutch perch and lever to your liking that fit. if you dont you may have to be creative

Thanks a lot Mike. you've been a great help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information