Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I HIGHLY ADVISE

I HIGHLY ADVISE

I highly advise you people to use a boost gauge. Here I am wondering where my rpms were for the past 2 months, checking this checking that, scratching my head wondering. Didn't think about my SC since it was done by PPG about 2 months ago. Well I decieded to get a boost gauge. Yesterday took the ski out, ran 8150 rpms @75, and only 5 pounds of boost! came home took it off and checked it, it slips @5nm. If you people are wondering where your lost rpms are, check the SC.

What kind of RPM's were you turning when the unit was fresh? What kind of oil are you running. Not trying to place blame, just trying to spot any trends.

Thanks

I picked up 200rpm with a clutch replacement. My ski went from 5 nm to 12nm on a clutch change after 30 hrs! RPM went from 7850 to 8050. And I think the 30 hrs was pushing it.

+1
    Good point. I planned on putting one on myself just for this very same reason. Where did you get it? Maybe we should have a How to thread on this. If enough people keep bringing theirs back for warranty on the clutch Seadoo will get off their butts and finally come up with a fix.

+1
    peteshauling, what ft.lbs should it be at? I just had mine done as well, and installed a boost guage, and was at 6 lbs of boost but only around 8050rpms , with a rr ecu...can't find the rpm loss. I also just changed the wear ring. Does it need to be set at a higher ft.lb?

Psycho, I have stage 3, I should be at 8 1/2-9 pounds, I was only pushing 5lbs. Do not set it at 12lbs! I think 10 will be safe. You can check around to make sure. Thats the funny thing my SC looks perfect untill I put the gauge to it PPG did my SC. The oil I use is Castrol 10W40. Not putting any blame on no-one, It's just slipping. But I -think I will be going back to the stock SC.

+1
    Frank, i think you will quickly find that the stock SC clutch will start to slip at the higher RPM's you are turning. At least thats been my experience.

Your probably right Jerry, I finally got ahold of Mark today, He said he was out of town, he says stay with the heavy duty clutch assembly, but the stock one I'm buying as a spare I'm leaving stock for now. I'll be posting results hopfully sunday.

+1
    I would stick with the race one as well...And expect the spring washers to wear in after a while...I set mine @ 8-9lbs...Took it off after about 35 hrs to find it has dropped to 5 lbs...Added a shim and that was it...Happy running again...

+1
    Can someone please post pics of their gauge? Location,,routing etc. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information