Unsure aboutw which impeller XLT1200, help please!

Ok, After oredering an IR holeshot kit i read every single thread i could find on it. After reading deep into a few i found that several people saying that a stock prop isnt good to run with the kit since you will get such bad cavitation on the XLT. So i know i should replace my impeller soon with its looks so i figure now is as good of time as any. When researching the impellers i see some people swear by the 12/18 and some the 13/19. My mods are quite simple.

dplate,wave eaters,pre mix, pump plug kid, r&d intake grate...

In the mail i have a R&D ride plate and the island racing hole shot kit. I will probably get one of leos hole shot kits soon too...

From what i can see I am leaning towards the 13/19. I just wanted to ask and make sure before i purchased the wrong one. Input would be appreciated greatly! Priming my ski today for paint and hope to be on the water by mid july! Included is a pic of my impeller. Do i need a new wear ring as well ? and what other parts should i replace while i have this out if any ?Thanks again guys this place is awesome for a n00b like me!

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by richdash View Post
    Ok, After oredering an IR holeshot kit i read every single thread i could find on it. After reading deep into a few i found that several people saying that a stock prop isnt good to run with the kit since you will get such bad cavitation on the XLT. So i know i should replace my impeller soon with its looks so i figure now is as good of time as any. When researching the impellers i see some people swear by the 12/18 and some the 13/19. My mods are quite simple.

dplate,wave eaters,pre mix, pump plug kid, r&d intake grate...

In the mail i have a R&D ride plate and the island racing hole shot kit. I will probably get one of leos hole shot kits soon too...

From what i can see I am leaning towards the 13/19. I just wanted to ask and make sure before i purchased the wrong one. Input would be appreciated greatly! Priming my ski today for paint and hope to be on the water by mid july! Included is a pic of my impeller. Do i need a new wear ring as well ? and what other parts should i replace while i have this out if any ?Thanks again guys this place is awesome for a n00b like me!

In cooler weather you can get away with a 13/19 if you are in 90 degree plus weather you will put your engine in alot of strain trying to turn the 13/19 a 12/18 will work better.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    In cooler weather you can get away with a 13/19 if you are in 90 degree plus weather you will put your engine in alot of strain trying to turn the 13/19 a 12/18 will work better.
    +1

awesome thanks guys!

Should i be buying or replacing any other parts while im down there and is the wear ring ok ? [email protected]

+1

Prop

I have a like new, Island bent, 11/18 prop if interested PM me!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    I have a like new, Island bent, 11/18 prop if interested PM me!
    I have almost exactly the same mods you mentioned, and am running a 12/18 that Dave at impros did his magic on.

+1
    I have pretty much the same mods, great hole shot, can pull skier, and do 62.2 mph on top, '04 XLT. My buddy has same setup, same results, both with 12/18.

I have a GPR, not the XLT but I didn't want to start a new thread for my question.

I will be having my 14/20 prop depitched to a 13/19 soon, and im just wondering what difference I can expect. With the 14/20 prop the highest rpm I saw was around 6980. The only engine mods I have is a cut head to 150 psi, a D plate, and then just the PV mods. I also have an R&D intake grate and ride plate. How much speed will I lose, and what kind of bottom end will I gain? This should put me back up into the 7100 range right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    I have a GPR, not the XLT but I didn't want to start a new thread for my question.

I will be having my 14/20 prop depitched to a 13/19 soon, and im just wondering what difference I can expect. With the 14/20 prop the highest rpm I saw was around 6980. The only engine mods I have is a cut head to 150 psi, a D plate, and then just the PV mods. I also have an R&D intake grate and ride plate. How much speed will I lose, and what kind of bottom end will I gain? This should put me back up into the 7100 range right?
    anyone know?

probably gonna be best to make a new post since people will think its about an alt prop question...Wish i could help ya out!

Thread Information