Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2010 rxt x key issue and mod questions

ok this is a two parter. Just bought it last week and have a few hours on it already. The key has been giving me a problem sinse i got it. Had the keys recoded and had the ecu updated and the problem is still there. it will key up first try sometime but not always.
    secondly im looking to do some mods to her to get more speed and getty up and go riva dosent have anything on there site for it yet anyone have any ideas or anything they have done to there's already

+1
    Yea, alot of us are having the same problem. Key is hard to get on and get two beeps ALL the time. "Maintenance Required" light popped up on mine after 5 minutes in the water. Leaky hatches...
    all that and they extend the limited warranty to 4 years - 2 days after I bought mine. <= I'm that mad!!!!

The DESS Post seems to gave gone bad on my '08 RXT after one season - 11 hours. Would shut off by itself and sometimes not want to start. Purchased and replaced the post myself even though it was under warranty (time + inconvenience of going to dealer). Seems to have fixed the problem.

oh yeah man mine went into limp mode, i had no ibr control and the check engine light also came on. Took it back to j&J and they updated the ecu and all is right except the darn key. I know it has more components on it that have to talk but come on. put key on beep beep lets go. that single tone really gets to me. South Jersey ha. I too am from south jersey Salem County

Mine had the same problem with the key. I took a small blade and cut the rubber retaining ring out from the inside of the key to allow it to plug onto the post easier. It works perfectly now with now single beep errors and is still a tight enough fit.

+1
    My normal procedure is hit the red button till the dash lights up, press the key on firm and quickly...straight onto the post. I get most of the time. You'll get better at it. Funny my 8yr old xpl never has any issues

I went through 9 hours of "why is my ski not working correctly" after the 10 hour service. Had a bad map sensor for one. Also hose clamps where loose...even after taking it back several times I found a very loose hose clamp on the exit of the IC while I was installing the bilge pump and ski mode controller. FYI the factory bildge is a SOB to install, until you remove all hoses and air box in the area.

I wish I would have day one pulled the airbox out, took all the hoses off and cleaned all surfaces and re installed the hoses, would have saved some pain. 9 hours of aggrevation. Runs great now...

had that thought and tech at shop even sayed something about that

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
    ok this is a two parter. Just bought it last week and have a few hours on it already. The key has been giving me a problem sinse i got it. Had the keys recoded and had the ecu updated and the problem is still there. it will key up first try sometime but not always.
    secondly im looking to do some mods to her to get more speed and getty up and go riva dosent have anything on there site for it yet anyone have any ideas or anything they have done to there's already
    1. I have the same key problem sometimes. It works best if I hit red start button, then install key pushing hard, AND WAIT for "Normal Key" to display, then hit START. Starts every time if "Normal Key" displayed, but if it doesn't then maybe 50% of time it will start. Obviously, very frustrating at times.

2. The BEST mod, is to simply get rid of the stock air box, install 4" kanaflex up front and re-route front fresh air vents towards Kanaflex filter.

I filled the ride plate holes with JB Waterweld, probably 0.01111 faster now!

SMART Mods - install a bilge pump and Groco strainer on the IC intake hose.

I have 13.5 hours and see 8120-8140 right up to 70 GPS, then backs off to 7840-7860 and holds 69-70.

The impeller is 159mm, so previous Solas 15/22R's should do fine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
    oh yeah man mine went into limp mode, i had no ibr control and the check engine light also came on. Took it back to j&J and they updated the ecu and all is right except the darn key. I know it has more components on it that have to talk but come on. put key on beep beep lets go. that single tone really gets to me. South Jersey ha. I too am from south jersey Salem County
    I took mine back today also to J & J. Had the maintenance light cleared. He told me that new "BUDS" software came in Friday. They didn't get to "clear and save" with the older version.
    Seems that we all have a procedure to get the key to work right. Shouldn't be this way...
    p.s. I'm in Pennsville.

+1
    I also have a hard time with the key. I just pop it on and twist it to make sure it has full contact and hit the red button and wait for the beeps. works 98% of the time. I also have my maint light cleared with the latest buds software if that matters.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information