Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Ordering parts tonight, need advice

After 3 days of non stop riding i decided i cant stand the cavitation anymore, so after some reasearch im going to order a pump shoe seal kit, no intake grate yet i just dont have the spare money ive been out of work after surgury too long and just got back, all i have is a d plate on it and a oil blockoff i premix 36:1. But i have a strange issue when i let the ski sit for even a min or two and re start it, the thing bogs bad for 10 seconds or so and then runs good again. I have NO idea whats going on but its carburator related maybe somebody does. And lastly, i have stock jetting, and it runs a tiny bit lean, so what should i do as far as jetting? Bigger needle and seat? Bigger main only? Im not modding it this year thats for the winter, i just want to get a little richer on the jetting and figure out the bogging after starting, and fix cavitation. (i have a solas prop already)

So, anybody have good jetting ideas for a stock d plated gp1200r with oil blockoff? Maybe one size bigger main? and is it really worth drilling out the plugs and putting t handles in?

pm osidebill he will set you straight on what to do, i have three 1200r's & all have carbs from him on them, the skis run flawlessly, they have never run so good & it's due to him setting up the carbs

+1
    You can make your own PPK I have used Gel-glass. For the carbs you can remove the tamper caps then you can tune with the adjusters.

+1
    I bought two part casting resin from the hobby shop and did an SHO shoe with it. worked great and was only $30 that leaves about $40 in your pocket and you have enough resin to do another.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cuda167 View Post
    pm osidebill he will set you straight on what to do, i have three 1200r's & all have carbs from him on them, the skis run flawlessly, they have never run so good & it's due to him setting up the carbs
    Scott, You made my day, when you told me about your mem-day weekend. I am glad everything is working out good for you.

+1
    Good idea ill do that instead, but then as far as the carbs go, you think i should just order T handles to tune the carbs with? Or do you think i should pop up one bigger size on the main because it deffinetly could use a little more fuel it has only a D plate on it and i wasnt planning on going farther this year, but now that im pre-mixing, there should be less fuel getting to the motor since the oil is now mixed with it (minimal but im sure it makes a small difference)

+1
    And while were on the topic , i still believe my carbs may have issues since if you let them sit overnight, it will not start unless choke is on and your pumping the throttle and my friends he just taps the starter cold or hot no choke. I have a fresh motor and reeds. Plus i know i rebuilt the carbs right, just concerned maybe the needle is leaking then? Or a fuel line leak im now not sure.

+1
    Save your money, remove the Tamper caps, adjust the stock screw, put some grease in the hole to protect it, and call it a day.

+1
    Right, but in that case ill have to adjust it to a setting i know will work so i dont have to pull the carbs off again wouldnt you say? I mean i know they run lean from the factory and im concerned about that, i still would like to know if its a good idea to just bump to a bigger size main? Or even a 1.5 needle and seat? Or would that be too much with the stock airbox.

Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    Scott, You made my day, when you told me about your mem-day weekend. I am glad everything is working out good for you.

those ski's run that way because of your workmanship & advice so a big THANKS TO YOU

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information