SHO Stock Intercooler Spacer

Hi there guys anmd gals... I own a 2009 SHO Cruiser and live in Western Australia.

I have modifications to my ski... quite a few really, but the intercooler is still the stock unit...

My question to fellow members is... has anyone fitted the housing spacer and if so... is it worth it... I feel by the time you add the extra cooling kit, plus this spacer, will it be sufficient or make a difference, or do you just add on some more money and fit a complete after market intercooler.

Look forward to you comments.

Woz

i will get all the rest i need when im dead corkycat's Avatar
    +1
    imo, a complete waste of money!!! i also added the intyercooler core for the same price i could have purchased a jd1 intercooler kit (but at the time the core and spacer was all that was available for the sho) i saw no gain apart from bust knuckles. save your money and buy something that works!!

+1
    +1 I installed a type 13 on my ski...more consistant power.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by corkycat View Post
    imo, a complete waste of money!!! i also added the intyercooler core for the same price i could have purchased a jd1 intercooler kit (but at the time the core and spacer was all that was available for the sho) i saw no gain apart from bust knuckles. save your money and buy something that works!!
    +1......
    you can not go wrong with the jd intercooler kit. do not mess around with the spacer. it allows more air flow. but it is hot air......
    and the busted knuckles is no fun either.
    the jd ic is a easy install. alot easier than the riva ic and it is about half the price.
    if you still have the 4way fitting in there, at least drill it out to get more water to your ic.
    or put a T in place of it and run a dedicated line from your pump to the ic. that will help you get more performance from the oem intercooler.

Hello,

Is installing the t fitting easy to do? I just finished the ribbon removal and would like to buy the jd intercooler, especially since I want to buy a bov. I'm concerned with changing anything else on the ski because I think my clutch is going and I'm concerned about warranty.

Lou

Thread Information