Where to ride in Virginia Beach

I'm head down to Virginia Beach this weekend and I'm planning on taking my ski. Can someone tell me were I can drop my ski for free and ride in the bay or somthing? I would like to find somewere I can ride the ski up on the beach and lay back with the family. LMK

Thanks

I have been going down to the VA Beach area for a week each summer for a few years with the family. We take the skis down and it took me a while but I found a few places to launch from. I don't know of any that you can really launch from and then ride onto a beach that will allow swimming for the family but there are a couple of nice launches that will let you into the bay and one on Rudee Inlet that will let you head out and ride the ocean. I'll see if I can dig up the locations of the ones I found for you.

John

+1
    Hey there... I live in VABch and there is plenty of riding. We have ocean riding and there in a very nice intercoastal water way you can enjoy as well. Do a google search and bring up Munden Point park, that is about 12 miles from VaBch oceanfront and great riding. Also, its a good ride depending on the water condition, to ride from the oceanfront down the Chesapeake Bay to downtown Norfolk's waterside, which if your really up for a ride, you can continue and head down to NC. Hope you have a great trip and look for a Red SHO CRuiser zipping by

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...dNpOLIBN7IsfIM

+1
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm moving to Norfolk at the beginning of March. My research has dug this up, anyone know if it's accurate? Thanks in advance!

Pauly C.

One of the best places to ride in Va beach is off of 64th street. the ramp is located in sea shore state park. Once you launch your craft go left around the bend and you can beach your ski and meet your family right there. you can also launch from the Lesner bridge and heard out to the bay. once past the bridge you can go left and basically beach your craft anywhere there. We have a group on Face book, Va Bay Runners. hit us up. Not sure if your into long rides but i am trying to get a big ride to Tangier Island early April, depending on weather. look forward to seeing you out there this season.

Eric

+1
    Thanks for the reply Eric. I've been looking at riding in tue bay there for a while on google earth. I'm guessing it's pretty busy on tue weekends with a lot of boat chop. Does it get flat back there?

I'm defiantly interested in a run to tangier island. I'm always up for a long ride. I was looking at riding from Norfolk to north Carolina. Ever done this ride?

Pauly C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The weekends at the Narrows (64th street) are busy, but very fun. there are spots where its flat so you can race and then in the main channel there are huge boats that go through there and we jump the wakes.

I have been to North Carolina from Norfolk through the intercoastal water way. Great ride. The guys do that one every year. Last year was my first and i cant wait to go this year.

Thread Information