Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2006 stx15 f battery and dash problem

What's up everyone. This weeeknd I had the ski out and I notice the speedo wasn't work soon then I spun the wheel and it started working. Then the next day I noticed my dash started acting up and I shut the power off and turned it back on. It was fine then the battery warning light came on and it went into slo mode and wouldn't let me get out of it. - changed the battery checked the voltage out andd had 13.5 and the charging system is working. and its still throwing the battery warning slo mode sometimes

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    sounds like your dash is about to go bad... pull the gauge and loosen the back of it and see if there is any water or moisture in it, these gauges are known to die from that.

Sean

i pulled it already it doesnt look like water got into it but would that put it into slo mode. maybe it held it self in mode to long and popped it in that and now i cant reset the trps or even get it to the hour meter,time or mile meter

+1
    Sounds like the printed circuit in the guage is shorting or there is a wire at the connector that is backing out of the connector. Is there alot of dielectric grease on the connector?? I have seen that present a problem on cars and bikes. Look at the printed circuit board inside and just maybe you can see a burn mark on it. Get a magnifying glass and some good light and check that out.

i pulled it out it looked like there wasnt much moisture that got in theere. i didnt really check out the board though its a pain in the ... tog et that dash out are these dash boards common to going out?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by greywrx View Post
    i pulled it out it looked like there wasnt much moisture that got in theere. i didnt really check out the board though its a pain in the ... tog et that dash out are these dash boards common to going out?
    Not sure about how common , You might pm Sean or Skip, i think they may know more about how common it is.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    my 15f is busted and i know of at lease 5 others on this board that have had theirs go belly up

Sean

does the dash talk back to the ecu do they interact with each other for instance when it says low oil does it really mean low oil becuz its comming from the ecu or the dash shorting out?
    you guys are awesome thanks for the help

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by greywrx View Post
    does the dash talk back to the ecu do they interact with each other for instance when it says low oil does it really mean low oil becuz its comming from the ecu or the dash shorting out?
    you guys are awesome thanks for the help
    There should be a oil level sensor there somewhere. I think if it was the ecu you would be having more issues than the instrument cluster. See if you can find a cluster and try it. I would almost put money on the cluster if this problem is constant and not something intermittent.

when it runs its perfectly fine but it throws it into slo mode but when in fpo its perfectly fine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information