Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Team Orlando Sunday

I took my tripple pipe to Jims performance for a new top end. Jim putt together my single pipe 40 hrs ago and I was so impressed with his work that I knew he was going to do my tripple.

I picked it up yesterday and drove the round trip of 250 miles.

I went to 32 to 1 premix and with the help of Akent and Seadoolover we took the task of trying to break this thing in.

After about 20 mins into a 76 mile ride The ski seized. The same thing happened to Aubres boat after it was ported and put back together.

I lifted my seat and felt the heads and it was really hot. We were in a place where there was no shore. Elliott towed me about two miles to the nearest piece of land. After pulling the plugs and not seeing any metal I realized I had gotten a get out of jail free card. We fattened it up and went on. Each stop we would make we added fuel until all the plugs were even and wet.

After about 65 miles I let her rip with 3/4s of a tank of fuel and a 1200 grate with Riva sponsons and full handling it went 82.5 at 7850 with a 14/22 prop. I took that ski to Jim Turning 7600 on the seat and 7660 superman with the same prop and 1/4 tank of gas running 81.0 with an 800 grate. Thats a gain of 190 rpms and a lot of speed with a 1200 grate and with a lot fatter settings. The fastest this ski ever went with a 1200 grate was 80.5 low on fuel. It also got to 82.5 in a very short distance. This thing is going to run the speeds Piston Wash claimed.

Thank you Jim for your attention to all the details. And thank you Aubre, Elliott and Rodger for getting me through today in one piece.
    Last edited by mtrager; 10-01-2006 at 05:51 PM.

+1
    Congrats Mark. You are flying! Glad to hear you didn't lose it.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    thank you Mark for the kind words, The worst thing you did is take your tripple to ride with them guys they are (sick) they ride wide open all the time especially Elliott. Caused you to get a little throttle happy on a new top end rebuild, It was eating you up to see them ahead of you so you had to put a stop to that. Your not lying you got a free out of jail card, Yea Abrey did the same thing with his. What was it like 50 hours ago and still running strong. Talk to you later Mark we need to hook up and ride together one day say hello to the crazy Elliott and Abrey. thank you, Jim

+1
    Thanx guys , we did get to the ramp at 9.00 am and it was 0nly 78 degrees.

Rodger rode my single to 77.0 which is the first time it ran more than the 76s. I had a 14/23 turning 7280 and Aubre ran 77.1 with a 15/24. Elliotts stage 11 Rxp ran 74.2.

Six hours later and 90 degress I ran my tripple and Aubre went 77.3 on his ski.

12 degrees hotter and he runs 2 tenths faster. I stopped trying to figure it out a long time ago.

Again, I am just glad I do not have major motor problems.
    Last edited by mtrager; 10-02-2006 at 08:43 AM.

+1
    Mark, Where did you guys run today. How does it compare to the Tampa drag area. I am ready for a field trip!

I have heard and seen nothing but good things from Jim's performance shop congrats jim on putting that boat back together for a very very reasonable price I may add. If you guys out there can not wrench I woul not hesitate to take your ski over to jim's. Mark you know I am happy for you and the ski it's simple awsome. give me that prop again and were even gonna go faster

Congrats Mark

+1
    Forrest,

let me put some hrs on it before we put a load on the motor.

You can send me my single prop back though.

Thanx Forrest.

+1
    awesome numbers Mark

Quote Originally Posted by GPRPITMAN View Post
    I have heard and seen nothing but good things from Jim's performance shop congrats jim on putting that boat back together for a very very reasonable price I may add. If you guys out there can not wrench I woul not hesitate to take your ski over to jim's. Mark you know I am happy for you and the ski it's simple awsome. give me that prop again and were even gonna go faster
    Jim's info?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information