Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How The Hell Does This Happen?

Well this ski I bought from Willgpr, I took apart 3 times, all cause I keep getting water into the cylinders When on the trailer she runs fine, in the water not. It's a stock 1200head, looks good to the naked eye, gaskets all look fine and put on right. Has this happen to anybody else? Reed cages get filled too. It seems like when the engine started for 15 sec it instantly fills the cylinders Thanks.

+1
    With the head off use a straight edge and make sure the cylinders are all even. Lowell was telling me they are often different. As part of his work he matches the cylinder height

+1
    may be a dumb thing to look for, but check to see if the cylinder gaskets are even on there at all (between crank case and jugs).

Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    With the head off use a straight edge and make sure the cylinders are all even. Lowell was telling me they are often different. As part of his work he matches the cylinder height
    Spud, thats intresting, I'll check that in the morning, Thanks.

haha, what did you do Frank?! It wasn't filling with water before! Keep me updated brotha.

....back from the dead.... J-ME's Avatar
    +1
    How many layers of head gasket are you running?

Like a chimp with a ball-peen hammer smackwave's Avatar
    +1
    I wouldn't be surprised it you have a cracked cylinder that's letting water in from the jacket. Since the water's getting in the reed cages the problem's probably on the lower end, and problems with the base gasket usually cause hydrolocking as soon as water's in the cooling system. The alternative is that the exhaust coupler or a leak in the stinger are spraying water into the intake, and that should be pretty easy to spot if you run without the seat on.

+1
    Peteshaulin, what happend to your RXP. Last I saw it was running 80+. You have been doing some serous tinkering with the GPR platform lately!

BTW- When I was getting water into my cylinders it was coming in from the head gasket. I thought I had it on right too....

Have you pressured tested it?

Quote Originally Posted by ABBOTT View Post
    may be a dumb thing to look for, but check to see if the cylinder gaskets are even on there at all (between crank case and jugs).
    John, all the cyls have little nubs sticking up for the gaskets to fit, I inspected the manifold real good wipped it down, looked inside the exhaust ports for cracks ect......looked fine. The ski on stated for 10-15 secs and the motor filled up quick. The ski is all apart now, allready dried out and lubed all bearnings. It's like when water is comming in, bam.......straight to the cyls either way it's confusing now, things like this take time ya know.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smackwave View Post
    The alternative is that the exhaust coupler or a leak in the stinger are spraying water into the intake,
    Thats my guess too, I think Fullboogie had that same probem awhie back.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information