+1

what on earth could this be? YDIS gives zero errors w/o efi plugged in, tps error wit

I have the software, updated etc. Hooked up a R+D Powershot controller into both skis, one ski defaults after the 8 second start-up on the first pot and idles no problem. Other ski defaults after 8 second start up but immediately within the Yamaha software takes my TPS from .87 volts down to .20 WITHOUT me touching the throttle cable etc. I even changed the TPS switch to be safe. Now I just took the controller which was giving me the error on 1 of the skis, swapped it into the other ski and it produces the same error code of the TPS voltage going crazy.

When I hook up a Riva Controller the TPS is completely normal and I get no error codes on either machine. I chased every wire, cleaned connectors figuring it was a problem on my skis end. I didn't get the controllers long ago and I even sent them into R+D to be tested which Glenn told me they were ok.

Should I be concerned that the supposed bad controller could have caused any other damage electrically to my ECU etc? I'm waiting on Glenn to call back...I'm going to try him again in a moment.

So as it stands, on the ski that had the R+D "defective controller" in it I cannot get the other R+D controller to default back to pot 1 after 8 seconds anymore which is why I asked if it could have caused an issue...I also contacted Ross Nemo because I have some of the early versions of the 43mm TBs he does but with the older plates which causes a severly sporadic idle and would explain why the R+D controller isn't defaulting on the 1 ski? Theres some serious air space coming on one of the TB's.

I dunno, I'm frustrated...I want to cut the ski in half with a chain saw because its wasted my time and gotten the best of me.

I guess I'm self diagnosing the problem at this point through process of elimination...

-without any efi controllers theres zero errors on skis
    -one of the R+D controllers generates a TPS of .2 volts when its set at .84
    -with a Riva controller I get no errors
    -because of the throttle plates in my older 43mm sonic boom TB's the idle is sporadic and it seems to surge.
    -When I put the error generating controller in either ski it generates the same error on my YDS software?

Looking for closure in the form of EFI controller replacement + TB plates.

+1
    if I am reading this correctly, you have 1 bad R&D controller

you swap it to the other boat, and the problem follows the controller, right?

+1
    -because of the throttle plates in my older 43mm sonic boom TB's the idle is sporadic and it seems to surge.
    this is normal out of the water... should settle down once loaded

oh, and a 1300 I would shoot for .80-.81

+1
    well I spoke with Ross, he was his professional self as usual. He offered to take a look and make adjustments if necessary to the TB in question. So that'll get overnighted tomorrow to him along with an overnight slip for when hes ready to send em back to me

anyways the problem does follow the efi controller from ski to ski...I have been calling R+D but Glenn's been busy and the associates there recommend I speak with him since the controllers seem to be his thing.

so thats where it all stands now.

Thread Information