Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

A little humility doesn't hurt anybody....right?

On my trip to Lake Havasu this weekend I was riding along on day 2, feeling pretty high and mighty, ready to take on anybody that wanted to give it a go. Sure enough, here comes a Kawi Ultra 260 going the other direction across the Lake. I begin my wide U-turn to go after him, he see's me and takes off. Now, in the middle of Lake Havasu was a fricken gnarly cross chop washing machine caused by all the Power Boats, so I was really getting thrown around. Nonetheless, I'm GONNA catch him! So.... I'm WOT, and the next thing I know I'm doing somersaults across the water.....yep,TOSSED...at 75+! And I never saw it coming. "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?". I was there one second and the next second I was gone. I finally came up out of the water after what felt like 35 somersaults. "Yep, I'm still alive", didn't think I had any broken bones, and I could still move all my limbs. So far, so good...so I thought.
    The Kawi was long gone around the bend. A couple, riding a 3 seater rode up to me frantically, "are you alright?" I was pretty sure I was okay but it scared the living $hit out of me. I told them I was okay and swam back to my ski, 300 feet away, and got on. I then limped back to the hotel with my tail between my legs. F*ck, I was pissed!
    I know Kawi's are known for there Off shore performance but I have a new found respect for Kawi Ultra 260's, IN THAT KIND OF CHOP. As I was attempting to catch him, he looked like he was taking a Wide Open Throttle Sunday stroll, while I was getting pummeled by the "washing machine effect".

I went to the Doctor today....Torn ligaments in my ankle, bruised knee, banged up shoulder, and major damage to my pride.

There....I've been humbled!

....And I'm still pissed!

+1
    Damn Gary be careful out there bro!

those Kawi's are a force to be reckoned with out in the chop

+1
    that sucks!!it dont feel good i came off myself at 75mph i was sore for weeks

Banned User
    +1
    I gave you a 9.2 for style, and an 8.6 for execution. J/K...
    No, it wasn't me, and no I wasn't on the lake because I rarely go out on the weekends, to busy. But I can see it from my house.
    I think if you were side by side, it might have been a bit of a different story. That, and more experience on your boat in rough water, and you'll be evenly matched.

No telling what was done to the Ultra 260 either. There are some "sleepers" on the lake.......you may have accidentally stumbled across an "area 51" project
    Glad your OK.

Glad you're okay for hte most part.
    Gotta feel good to be alive and bouncin though

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    I gave you a 9.2 for style, and an 8.6 for execution. J/K...
    No, it wasn't me, and no I wasn't on the lake because I rarely go out on the weekends, to busy. But I can see it from my house.
    I think if you were side by side, it might have been a bit of a different story. That, and more experience on your boat in rough water, and you'll be evenly matched.

No telling what was done to the Ultra 260 either. There are some "sleepers" on the lake.......you may have accidentally stumbled across an "area 51" project
    Glad your OK.

Funny... As we were 'running' I was thinking to myself, "He can't be stock". I just wasn't pulling on him as fast as I thought I should have been.

And I want nothing to do with going 80 in that kind of water.
    Havasu water on the weekend SUCKS.

Gary, I feel your pain buddy. Hope you heal up soon.
    Sorry that the Kawi took the win on you. I know I would have been pissed too, but I would have done the same exact thing you did even if I'm only running a stage 1. Lol.. The thrill of just trying to catch him is a rush in itself.. There will be another time with better water conditions. Just get well for now and rest up. Talk to you soon.

+1
    sorry too hear about your spill Garry ........... hope youy mend fast mate.

Im sure if you see a kawi again you will give it a try again its in us all

take care mate

cheers
    Tony

I hope you get better soon Garry. I've had the same problem with modified
    Utras. I just dont hook up and stay there like they do. The worx plate has helped a fair bit though

+1
    Someone's not competitive.

Funny how one's boat is very fast until going to Morgan City or Lake Havasu or...

Heal-up fast Gary.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information