Arrow Wrap new seat cover over a ripped seat?

Just picked up a gp1200r for $500 and is in desperate need of a seat....I know the original cover should be kept on and the new one stapled over it.....From what I can tell it only has a junky dried out Riva cover on it, problem is there's a chunk missing right at the front corner of the seat (near where your left knee would be), not huge but enough for water to get in and turn the seat into a sponge...the foam is showing....What can I repair that with before I put the new cover on? or dont bother?

I plan on getting a silver/black M-line cover if anyone has any good designs of theirs please show cuz it's so hard to decide what colors where. I have searched but still like to see more options.

Thanks

+1
    i would remove the bad seat cover and wrap the bare foam with a half yard of plain marine vinyl first, you should be able to find this locally for under $12 - $15 then put on the new cover over that..

Quote Originally Posted by MilleniumGPR View Post
    Just picked up a gp1200r for $500 and is in desperate need of a seat....I know the original cover should be kept on and the new one stapled over it.....From what I can tell it only has a junky dried out Riva cover on it, problem is there's a chunk missing right at the front corner of the seat (near where your left knee would be), not huge but enough for water to get in and turn the seat into a sponge...the foam is showing....What can I repair that with before I put the new cover on? or dont bother?

I plan on getting a silver/black M-line cover if anyone has any good designs of theirs please show cuz it's so hard to decide what colors where. I have searched but still like to see more options.

Thanks
    They recommend to put the heavy plastic you can buy from Home Depot on the seat before putting the cover on since it's not water proof.

+1
    If you can afford it, you might want to think about getting a professional to install it for you. I had my MLine installed by a guy in Miami for $50, well worth it, he did a great job. He commented on the quality construction of the MLine, he was impressed. A pro can do it right the first time.

I'm going to try and recover it, if not I'll have someone do it.

What should I go with to recover first under the new cover? Marine grade vinyl or the home depot wrap? I would think the marine vinyl? Where can I get it? Pretty sure marine stores dont have it.

And don't forget to use Stainless Steel staples. The muppet who did mine over winter said he'd used stainless, but is having to re-do the job for free now his 'stainless' staples are starting to rust Turned out he 'thought' galvanised would be good enough, even though I told him they must be stainless. Try to get hold of a decent air stapler too, the ordinary ones aren't strong enough.

You should consider a layer of foam or at least fill in the foam void thats missing or it will show over time and by over time i mean in a short time.

Good thinkin, I gotta get some foam too. I was going to get a cheap harbor freight air stapler and use that (if they have the right size) and got to see what staples I need, I know it's something with 1/4 or 10mm and I know if I ask here I'll get told theres a whole thread on it so I'll go search....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MilleniumGPR View Post
    Good thinkin, I gotta get some foam too. I was going to get a cheap harbor freight air stapler and use that (if they have the right size) and got to see what staples I need, I know it's something with 1/4 or 10mm and I know if I ask here I'll get told theres a whole thread on it so I'll go search....
    I've got a 1200 seat foam(no pan) with OEM cover in good condition you can have for $20+shipping. It might be kind of pricey to ship because of the size of the box needed, but it's available if you want it.

Thread Information