Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Today's test results 5/9/05

Yes I got the speed that I was looking for with all the sick acceleration. first my set up...Riva stage one without the wedge with PPG's trick up Solas impeller 6 bars of gas 87 temp out side , 77 water temp 71.5mph. i di dnot get the impeller untill about 5:30pm(UPS was late). i did not rely have a chance to play with it like I wanted to because of the time. That was the good news. Now the Bad yes bad when putting the ski back on the traler I don know what happen but it was like someone pushed the ski to the side and I hit the side of the traler. OUCH GOOD DAM WHAT THE F***. Pulled it one and what do you know.....A gash the size of a nickle threw the Gel coat down to the fiberglass Yes not good. Can this be patched or does the entire bottom have to be redone. I can not and do not wont to put it back into the water unless it is fixe and fixed correct. i will be calling my insurance company to morrow and see what the deal is. What a good day and a bad day. I go the speeds that I waonted and on this. I am still plan on ordering some more goodies for it but I have to get this foxed first.

JR, you should be able to get it patched at any marine store that does it or you can buy the kit to do it your self. I know west marine sells them and they have a small kit with all the material you need to patch it. I had to do that to mine on one of the sides that had the bared wire sticker on it. Hope this helps.

+1
    Peligroso - was your hole atop the waterline? I had one on the rail and I just used black duct tape 1/2 the season because it was never submerged. However the gel coat had stress cracked to a larger area and at the season's end the total bill at the body shop came to $1800 to repair. I just turned it in to insurance, but still...I think it would have been better to address earlier on.

rx4pain, yes mine was above the water line. I hade one right at the tip of the sticker near the back and then one on the top falt prt near the foot wells. It only costed me $200 to get mine fixed. they were both small (I would say a quarter size on each one), but the worse part was I tried to fix it and made it worse. If I had jsut took it there and let them do it, would have cost me a lot less.

I will post some pictures tomorrow. Pleast tell me I can get it patch. I looks like someone took hamer and chiped a section of of the gel-coat and not the fiberglass is exposed. Problem it is in the water. O yea the ski runs great that is one plus

Jon, you must of did a damn patch job, because I noticed it when it was damaged, but I couldn't find it when we were at FRS.

LOL Mike, you would have notcied the one I did. That is why I took to someone who does it all the time on boats and had them fix my mistake.

Good news i jsut got off the phone with a guy that does alot of gel coat repairs and i will be getting my ski to him as soon as I leave work today. He said it sounds like it can be patched and it would take a couple of days and not 3 weeks like this other place I called. so i feel a little better

Quote Originally Posted by Peligroso
    LOL Mike, you would have notcied the one I did. That is why I took to someone who does it all the time on boats and had them fix my mistake.

OHHH OK I see. I was a nice fix either way...

mgo7483
    whats your next move for your mods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information