Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

15F Cold Air Intake - Need Help Quick

I'm doing the homeade version of the 15F cold air intake that others on this forum have done. Can somebody please show/tell me how to properly install the crankcase vent filters? I guess I need 2 of them but I don't know how to plumb the set-up. It looks like some of you have a hose connecting the 2 but I can't get a good look at it. I'm trying to finish this tonight and hit the lake tomorrow. I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks - Andy

Forgot to mention this is a 2010 model which seems to have a different vent design. Any thoughts?

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    post some pictures you said its different.

Sean

I have one hose running from the top of the catch can to the factory air box. I just put a small breather filter on the end of that hose. I assume that is doing the same thing the stock set-up is? My wife is out of town with the camera but I will post a picture when she gets back.

Ever get this worked out? Got pics?

I have the same ski, curious how it turned out, might try it myself. What lake do you ride on 347? I'm over in Ft. Worth.

I did get it worked out - I left the little filter on the catch can and haven't had any problems at all. So far so good with the intake. I just installed a Shredmaster ride plate this weekend. It helped the handling and the holeshot out. I do think it makes the ski track better and the ski does not slide out as easily. I am really happy with it from a handling standpoint. I can't get over 62.6 mph with the intake and the ride plate. I was hoping to hit 64 but it just won't do it. Based on the is the plate gave me about 3/4 mph. Brent - I usually drive out to Lake Bridgeport because there is a lot of smooth water - great jet-ski lake. We live right by Grapevine but it gets pretty choppy. Where do you ride? I will take some pics for you guys of the intake when I get a chance.

I'm in Saginaw, usually on the north end of Eagle Mtn.

+1
    Hey, how about a pic, or two, or three of the new rideplate as well??

I'm kinda looking for handling improvements on my 12f and 15f, more than speed, but what the heck does this plate look like when installed?? I know they're pretty pricey, which has kept me from even considering the Shredmaster in the past, but if the improvements are real.....and they are significant....then maybe I should reconsider
    Thanks!!

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    Hey, how about a pic, or two, or three of the new rideplate as well??

I'm kinda looking for handling improvements on my 12f and 15f, more than speed, but what the heck does this plate look like when installed?? I know they're pretty pricey, which has kept me from even considering the Shredmaster in the past, but if the improvements are real.....and they are significant....then maybe I should reconsider
    Thanks!!
    You should It makes the ski into a beast, it rides totally different, i did sponsons and the plate at the same time and its unbelieveable how much better it handles

Sean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information