Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1

MSX Start/Stop/Gauge Assembly

Could the blue gauge mode button on the MSX switch assembly act as a momentary bilge pump button??

I want to use this smaller button assembly on my Pro since I will no longer be using the electric trim and using a manual trim set up, but still want to retain a bilge pump button.

If you have one - try measuring checking it with an ohm meter to see if its a momentary switch or if it is a on/off switch. I would imagine a button would be a momentary switch but try it with an ohm meter to make sure. Also might want to check out the size of the wires going to the switch, may be too small to run a bilge pump. I wouldn't go any smaller than 16 gage wire.

+1
    you could pick up a switch at walmart or a auto store and havebe on/off so you dont have to hold itdown

+1
    Unfortunately I do not have one available...that was why I'm asking before I buy one.

I certainly would consider an on/off switch, but knowing me, I would turn it on and forget to turn it off and run my battery down.

Heres what I would do - go to radioshack, or look around online - buy a waterproof momentary switch, then just drill a hole somewhere and mount it - then wire it up. Use sealant so water won't leak around it and get to the wires.. make sure to shrink wrap and solder all of your connections - you should be fine I've done a couple of these and used start buttons from old SL's as well as swapped the start/stop assembly for one of the models with the bilge button on the front of it.

Oh one other option - get the auto bilge pump they have a float switch in them that turns it on when the water gets high enough.

+1
    I was looking into those...only problem is they operate by turning the pump on every 2 minutes and see if there is water. If not, it shuts off and does another 2 minute cycle. That too would eventually wear my battery down and I hate connecting and reconnecting those terminals!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hyoctane23 View Post
    Could the blue gauge mode button on the MSX switch assembly act as a momentary bilge pump button??

I want to use this smaller button assembly on my Pro since I will no longer be using the electric trim and using a manual trim set up, but still want to retain a bilge pump button.
    Yes, you can do this.

As I recall, this is exactly what the Matrix conversions did with the MSX 140 Mode button.

It is a momentary button, just like the other Polaris bilge buttons.

+1
    Good news on that! Now does anyone have one for sale?? All the ones on eBay are like $100.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Yes the matrix conversion use the bilge for the mode. On the MSX 150 unit,it is marked mode,on the MSX 140 it's called bilge.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information