Thread: oil question

oil question

so being relativily easy on my slt 750 how much oil per tank of gas should it use? also does anyone know the torque specs for these engines im putting a new piston in cylinder on one this weekend along with fuel pump and lines, i would also like to know how long it takes for the oil injection system to prime back up like one tank of premix or more? what should i mix it at? thanks in advance!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    All that info has been posted in multiple places around here.

What year SLT 750?

If it has the variable rate oil pump (linkage between carburetors and oil pump), then it will be flowing at roughly 40:1 to 80:1 fuel to oil ratio.

So for every 60 liters of fuel, you would use about 1 liter of oil. The heavier you are on the throttle, the more oil you will use, relative to the fuel consumption.

At maximum throttle, you could use oil faster than 40:1 ratio.

The fixed rate oil pumps used on the early model years use more oil than the variable rate oil pumps.

If you are using clear oil lines, you should see the air bubbles get pushed out as the oil moves through. Certainly the oil lines should be well primed by the time you have burned through a full tank of pre-mixed fuel.

With a working and primed oil system, you only need to add break-in oil to the fuel tank for a pre-mix ratio of about 50:1.

If the oil system is not working or is disconnected, then the break-in oil ratio is 32:1

What year SLT 750?

If it has the variable rate oil pump (linkage between carburetors and oil pump), then it will be flowing at roughly 40:1 to 80:1 fuel to oil ratio.

So for every 60 liters of fuel, you would use about 1 liter of oil. The heavier you are on the throttle, the more oil you will use, relative to the fuel consumption.

At maximum throttle, you could use oil faster than 40:1 ratio.

The fixed rate oil pumps used on the early model years use more oil than the variable rate oil pumps.

If you are using clear oil lines, you should see the air bubbles get pushed out as the oil moves through. Certainly the oil lines should be well primed by the time you have burned through a full tank of fuel.

With a working and primed oil system, you only need to add break-in oil to the fuel tank for a pre-mix ratio of about 50:1.

If the oil system is not working or is disconnected, then the break-in oil ratio is 32:1

they are both 95 slt 750, thanks for your help i am new here so i still wasnt able to find the torque specs for the cylinder,head,manifolds. should i take a saringe or somthing to fill the oil hoses up and then connect them or just premix some fuel and run it?

[QUOTE=brickhousen;1475908]All that info has been posted in multiple places around here.

torque the intake manifold @ 18 inch

[QUOTE=blegan;1475915]
    Quote Originally Posted by brickhousen View Post

torque the intake manifold @ 18 inch

thanks a bunch man i appriciate it!

Thread Information