Thread: PWC - FAQ
06-24-2010, 08:03 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2010
PWC - FAQ
Was hoping to build a FAQ on general information about PWC's, like technical stuff for newbs and experienced users alike.
For instance some basic questions I have are:
- What is a ride plate ? and what is it's purpose ? How does modifying this effect the ski ?
- What is a shoe ? and what is it's purpose ? How does modifying this effect the ski ?
- What is a Power Valve System ?
- 2 stroke vs 4 stroke engines ?
- Premix vs Oil Injection ?
- Common Issues with PWC's ( pump tunnel cracks, water lock, etc ) ?
- Engine CC's ? Differences in performance ?
- What are Trim Tabs ? How does this effect the ski ?
- Does a PWC have a diffrential gearing system ? Common Issues ?
- How does the engine cooling system work ? How is it powered ? Common Issues ?
- Do manufactured stock ski's have throttle limiters installed ?
- Who are the leaders in PWC manufacturing ? Differences in design and performance ? Reliability ? Price ?
- How does water tempurature effect a ski's performance ?
Many of these questions seem pretty obvious too many of you here, and myself included, but I realize that to understand the advanced techniques circulating around these boards, knowing why they are being developed and how it effects the ski from its original condition, will give a much needed base for someone who wants to move into more advanced levels of ski modification. The focus should be about explaining the main componants and systems in a PWC, how their built and why.
Thank you in advance too anyone who can answer these questions and contribute useful knowledge to this thread. I will add new questions as they are asked and answered.
07-10-2010, 09:49 PM #2
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By ou812 in forum Open DiscussionReplies: 15Last Post: 11-02-2007, 06:53 PM
By stoyan79 in forum Yamaha Old School SkisReplies: 26Last Post: 10-10-2007, 05:55 PM
By Hydrotoys in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 5Last Post: 03-14-2007, 09:16 PM
By Shibby1485 in forum Site News & SuggestionsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-21-2006, 03:47 PM
By Kinchyle in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 1Last Post: 03-15-2006, 03:02 PM