Too many toys, not enough time snoopy'sbitch's Avatar

Special thanks to all Greenhulkers

I would just like to thank all of those who have helped me with my sl780 over the years. To many people constantly ask for help, but rarely thank. I am one of those people, so decided to go back in time, and thank those who helped me get the ski going after all these years.
    I got the ski for free because it was run low on oil, and it chewed up 1 cylinder. I got an ebay piston and cylinder and got her going. I got her up and running, but I wanted to make it "better". I needed an MFD. Special thanks to ph2ocraft for a great deal on a great digital display.
    At some point, the stator wires all got fried, so the ski was a paper weight. I did find a stator on ebay, and installed it, only to realize that my cdi was a done too. Special thanks to TechSLX for the spare cdi box. I finally have spark.
    After to much time of not fixing the ski, you forget stuff. I couldn't get the ski to run. Seems so logical to see if your getting fuel to the carbs, but when your sweating, and frustrated, logic evaporates. Special thanks to ph2ocraft,Tony,stl sl650,bone1050,rwc287,bowsniper,xlint89, and 785lugs. You were all great help with fixing my problem, which was having the wrong feed line on the correct sending unit nipple.
    After getting it running, it wouldn't rev past 4000 rpm. Everyone had great ideas like xlint89 thinking it could be a bad MFD. So many things to learn, especially from others experiences, and thats what makes this site so great. On that particular problem,nmpeter had good things to check, but joshk5145 mentioned my voltage regulator, which reminded me that I saw 17 to 18 volts on my MFD. Needless to say, tex81 hooked me up with a voltage regulator and I'm at 13.5 volts. Funny thing is Frobate mentioned my rectifier frying my stator a year ago.
    So what started out as a free ski, ended up being a rollercoaster ride of figuring out problems, with some great people along for the ride. K447 is always helpful and I appreciate it. IndyAL and starflight helped out too. I hope I am not forgetting anyone, but if I did, I am sorry, and sure you have been a great help. Thanks to EVERYONE

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Kudos to you not only for saying thanks, but not giving up on your project

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Kudos to you not only for saying thanks, but not giving up on your project
    Sometimes it is hard to continue on with a project. Not enough time and responsibilties get in the way. When you get a chance, you forgot what you did, and how you took it apart a year ago. Its nice to have the support right here

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Just glad to see another Polaris o the water, and a happy rider on the back of it.

The best thanks is to get some pics of the "ole" girl in action.....

I'm trying my best. Noone wants to take a camera or their phone on the water, and getting someone to stay behind to watch while I ride isn't easy either. I have a boat, and party on weekends. The jetski comes out once in a while just to take for quick rides around the lake. Taking any pictures that are good arent easy

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Boat pics are appreciated too.

Esp. if you have bikini clad women in them.....

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy'sbitch View Post
    ...No one wants to take a camera or their phone on the water...
    We use a waterproof video camera - works fairly well
    Sanyo Xacti comes in several models. The shape makes it easy to hold with one hand.

I might be willing to sell you mine as I am pondering the HD version

Here are a couple of examples.

Thread Information