Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

which prop is best

Hi all can some one help me with some advise as i am new to the forum. i have a 2008 sho with a stage one kit , will post all upgrades later. i am finding a lot of cavitation at stand still. i have a 14/21 set back solas at moment which has been machined away to reduce but i am loosing performance. anti cavitation cone is on order. what prop is going to work best. please please help. thanks......

+1
    for your mods, a stock prop repitched to 13/22 or 13/23 depending on the wheather in your area
    do you have a aftermarket intake grate and pump plug kit?

+1
    welcome to the forum

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    for your mods, a stock prop repitched to 13/22 or 13/23 depending on the wheather in your area
    do you have a aftermarket intake grate and pump plug kit?
    +1.
    i had a 13/23r solas when my ski was mostly stock. it does cavitate off the line.
    like jorge said repitch the oem.
    or you could get a skat. i would want to see your mods and what your rpms are at first.
    and what mods you are planning in the near future?

+1

which prop is best

Firstly thank you to all of you for your fast response. my mods so far are, ( i,ll try to get them in the right order).
    stock ecu, c1 monster wheel,riva intake, ff exhaust,intercooler spacer with extra cooling lines from pump,blow off valve, boost port adaptor, riva intake grate,pump seal kit, solas 14/21r remachined 6mm away from pump, home made sponsons, 70 mph on radar gun, 26c, sea level, 1/2 tank fuel. anti cavitation cone on order.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by razzie View Post
    Firstly thank you to all of you for your fast response. my mods so far are, ( i,ll try to get them in the right order).
    stock ecu, c1 monster wheel,riva intake, ff exhaust,intercooler spacer with extra cooling lines from pump, riva intake grate,pump seal kit, solas 14/21r remachined 6mm away from pump, home made sponsons, 70 mph on radar gun, 26c, sea level, 1/2 tank fuel. anti cavitation cone on order.

disreguard my advice above, thought you said stage one but you have a c-1 wheel.

who did your prop work?? you say your prop was machined 6mm away from pump?? if you space the prop away from the pump your hurting your performance and will cavitate bad...

+1
    it was machined by alan pickard at jet shed. it was cavitating alot worse before he did it but it was on the limiter before and doing 72.5mph. i am thinking towards a skat trak 13/22 or 13/23. which would be best and how will affect my revs. also forgot to mention i have a blow off valve and boost port adaptor fitted.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    disreguard my advice above, thought you said stage one but you have a c-1 wheel.

who did your prop work?? you say your prop was machined 6mm away from pump?? if you space the prop away from the pump your hurting your performance and will cavitate bad...
    I think he means the hub was machined for set-back.

it was machined by alan pickard at jet shed. it was cavitating alot worse before he did it but it was on the limiter before and doing 72.5mph. i am thinking towards a skat trak 13/22 or 13/23. which would be best and how will affect my revs. also forgot to mention i have a blow off valve and boost port adaptor fitted.
    Those pitches won't be enough with the stock rev limit & C1. I am in warmer weather & ran similar mods before going with the reflash ECU & 13/24 will be near perfect if you get a Skat. I never ran that Riva Solas, so can't offer any advice on that one.

+1
    that is what i thought when he told me he machined it so i took it off to have a look and he definately machined the back off the blades so the gap between prop and pump is greater, so it looks like the skat 13/24 will be best. i did wonder if the 13/23 or 13/22 would still hit the limiter like the 14/21 did. i am also thinking a riva ride plate...

+1
    that is what i thought when he told me he machined it so i took it off to have a look and he definately machined the back off the blades so the gap between prop and pump is greater, so it looks like the skat 13/24 will be best. i did wonder if the 13/23 or 13/22 would still hit the limiter like the 14/21 did. i am also thinking a riva ride plate...
    Oh, guess I assumed wrong. To help cavitation, you want the impeller closer to the stator, not further away. I know of a couple places(Impros & Skat) here in the US to have the blades welded back up, but with shipping it might be cost prohibitive. I had good top end results with a 15/22 Solas Dynafly(not the same one you have). It was 1+ mph faster than my Skat 13/24 but the Skat didn't cavitate near as much off the line. The ant-cav cone should help too & probably help your top speed a little. I did a back to back test & gained .5mph with the R&D cone.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information