Inherited 04 RXP... Need help!

I just inherited a 2004 RXP this summer and am asking for some help on some issues.

1. The RXP has almost 60 hours on it and the only maintenace I know has been done is the 10 hour oil change. What needs to be done?

2. I have rode it two times and the first time it ran great (from what I coould tell, never rode a RXP before) with a speedo reading of 67 with 2 people on board. Then took it out 2 weeks later and could only get 64 with one rider and seamed sluggish on takeoff. (Sorry, did not look at RPM.) The second time it was a little hotter weather and I did buy some gas at hole in the wall gas station. Do you think this was just caused by gas and weather?

3. Should I flip the wear ring? As far as I know it has only been in fresh water and never been in less than 3 feet of water.

4. What would be the best mods on a limited budget to get more performance out of it? I mainly ride in non-glass conditions on warm lakes.

Thank you in advance for all the help!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by clints12 View Post
    I just inherited a 2004 RXP this summer and am asking for some help on some issues.

1. The RXP has almost 60 hours on it and the only maintenace I know has been done is the 10 hour oil change. What needs to be done?

Pull the supercharger out and have the ceramic washers replaced with metal washer. The stock ceramic washers are a known flaw and if they break while in use they will go into your engine and most likely take out your oil pump. This is a several thousand dollar repair

You pretty much have 3 options:
    1. pull your supercharger off and mail it out to have the washers replaced. total $150
    2. pull your supercharger off and mail it out to have the complete supercharger rebuilt. This has to be done at 100hrs regardless. Total $450 ish?
    3. Replace your supercharger with a brand new X-Charger which will give you more power. $650
      1. You will also need larger fuel injectors when you upgrade to this charger. ~$200
    2. I have rode it two times and the first time it ran great (from what I coould tell, never rode a RXP before) with a speedo reading of 67 with 2 people on board. Then took it out 2 weeks later and could only get 64 with one rider and seamed sluggish on takeoff. (Sorry, did not look at RPM.) The second time it was a little hotter weather and I did buy some gas at hole in the wall gas station. Do you think this was just caused by gas and weather?

Don't believe what the Dreamometer says... Get a GPS and verify speeds and RPM's. Weather has an effect on skis... can be up to 250-300RPM difference from winter to summer on stock skis depending on where you ride.... You ski will run alot better in Canada then Florida.

3. Should I flip the wear ring? As far as I know it has only been in fresh water and never been in less than 3 feet of water.

Flip the wear ring? Just buy a new one... they are only like $50

4. What would be the best mods on a limited budget to get more performance out of it? I mainly ride in non-glass conditions on warm lakes.

X-Charger and 42lbs injectors. Proven setup with good power. You will probably have to tweak your prop as well as you will be all over the limiter on a stock prop with the upgraded supercharger.

Thank you in advance for all the help!

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    you need to get the ceramic washers out of the charger..the slip will also be reset in doing so...but the ceramics..can cause big money problems if they let go...just get a set of riva metal washers from the store..here..or pull the charger and send it to jerry..and he can go through it gor you..

wear ring ..look at it it may be ok ..you can flip it once..i run a ss one..it will give you better hole shots...and yes weather has alot to do with speed as well as water conditions

that is about all that needs to be done ...modding .a whole list comes to mind ...

congrats on you inheritance you fot a good one..

Thread Information